PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Penn State-Maryland

From Penn State Basketball on Facebook:

Time: Wednesday, December 1 · 6:00pm - 8:30pm

Created By Penn State Basketball

More Info: Stop by Damon’s Grill from 6-8:30 on Wednesday before the Penn State-Maryland game and take advantage of a great, $10 all you can eat buffet featuring wings, ribs, chicken fingers, and much more! Garrett Jones of the Pittsburgh Pirates will be in attendance signing autographs from 6:30-8:00, and you can win great prizes from the Pirates AND Penn State Basketball!

For our students- you can take advantage of free Fullington bus service to Damon’s from one of three convenient pickups: In front of the Pollock Testing Center, across from the East Halls Quad, or in front of Delta Kappa Epsilon on 232 Nittany Avenue. The buses will drop you right at Damon’s for the tailgate, and will also drop students at the BJC every twenty minutes.

It’s a great way to great ready for the Terps- WEAR WHITE and stop by for great food, great prizes, and great Penn State spirit!

That sounds great, makes me miss State College

[quote=“CAPPY, post:1, topic:1562”]From Penn State Basketball on Facebook:

Time: Wednesday, December 1 · 6:00pm - 8:30pm

Created By Penn State Basketball

More Info: Stop by Damon’s Grill from 6-8:30 on Wednesday before the Penn State-Maryland game and take advantage of a great, $10 all you can eat buffet featuring wings, ribs, chicken fingers, and much more! Garrett Jones of the Pittsburgh Pirates will be in attendance signing autographs from 6:30-8:00, and you can win great prizes from the Pirates AND Penn State Basketball!

For our students- you can take advantage of free Fullington bus service to Damon’s from one of three convenient pickups: In front of the Pollock Testing Center, across from the East Halls Quad, or in front of Delta Kappa Epsilon on 232 Nittany Avenue. The buses will drop you right at Damon’s for the tailgate, and will also drop students at the BJC every twenty minutes.

It’s a great way to great ready for the Terps- WEAR WHITE and stop by for great food, great prizes, and great Penn State spirit![/quote]

There’s a combo that I always try to avoid !! :-[ I’m worse than a 3 year old when it comes to being a messy eater !!

Not that it would’ve mattered since I would’ve been on line, but I find it funny that there is a shuttle bus leaving from my old fraternity the year after I graduate. ::slight_smile:

[quote="CAPPY, post:1, topic:1562"]More Info: Stop by Damon's Grill from 6-8:30 on Wednesday before the Penn State-Maryland game and take advantage of a great, $10 [b]all you can eat buffet featuring wings, ribs, [/b] chicken fingers, and much more! Garrett Jones of the Pittsburgh Pirates will be in attendance signing autographs from 6:30-8:00, and you can win great prizes from the Pirates AND Penn State Basketball!

It’s a great way to great ready for the Terps- WEAR WHITE and stop by for great food, great prizes, and great Penn State spirit![/quote]

There’s a combo that I always try to avoid !! :-[ I’m worse than a 3 year old when it comes to being a messy eater !!

That’s a great point … get enough wing juice and rib sauce on a white shirt, and it will look like our stands are full of Maryland fans! :smiley:

White powder does not show up on white shirts.

[quote="blue2blue, post:5, topic:1562"]That's a great point ... get enough wing juice and rib sauce on a white shirt, and it will look like our stands are full of Maryland fans! :D[/quote]

WOW !!! It’s getting vicious !!!

Like I always say, “It’s OK as long as it’s funny. If it’s not funny, then it’s mean-spirited”. :slight_smile:

[quote="blue2blue, post:5, topic:1562"]That's a great point ... get enough wing juice and rib sauce on a white shirt, and it will look like our stands are full of Maryland fans! :D[/quote]

WOW !!! It’s getting vicious !!!

Like I always say, “It’s OK as long as it’s funny. If it’s not funny, then it’s mean-spirited”. :slight_smile:

I don’t beat around the bush when it comes to Mrylnd. I have zero respect for that program.

I will be the first to admit that I don’t really follow the indiscretions of other programs but I always had the vague notion that Williams was one of the good guys out there. Am I wrong?

[quote="NationBuilder, post:8, topic:1562"]I don't beat around the bush when it comes to M*ryl*nd. I have zero respect for that program.[/quote]

I will be the first to admit that I don’t really follow the indiscretions of other programs but I always had the vague notion that Williams was one of the good guys out there. Am I wrong?

It’s more so their fans IMO…

Lions look to contain Terrapins inside and out By Alex Angert Collegian Staff Writer

Don’t want to be too profound, but Maryland averages over 80ppg. This will be some test. IMO, a win goes a long way toward making the tourney. Points in the paint and rebounding will decide this one. This kind of matchup is exactly the kind of win the tourney committee looks at.

You know, I have been really impressed with Jeff Brooks’ attitude on the court, but I have been more impressed with what I have read as far as quotes he has given in articles this year. The kid is really trying to lead by example. Keep it up Jeff!

If we shut down Jordan Williams I think we have a shot. I’m just worried if Andrew Jones gets into foul trouble, we may not be able to slow him down. :-\

true but i think their ppg average is slightly inflated due to their 1st game of the season against Seattle where they scored 105. Seattle is almost as fast paced as the game we had a few years ago against VMI when we scored 136. Seattle scored 121 in their exhibition.

maryland looks to push the ball and get easy buckets. i know ive said it a lot, but i hope kirkpatrick fouls out of this game.
2010-11 - 28-50 (56%)
2009-10 - 64-121 (53%)
thats jordan williams ft shooting btw

The good news is that they can’t shoot the three so we ought to be able to double team when the ball gets thrown inside. They are an excellent offensive rebounding team, so we’ll see some strength against strength down low. If we can win the defensive board battle, I think we have a decent chance.

I think Andrew Jones is a good defender and rebounder. That may help to somewhat nuetralize Jordan Williams.

Question is, do they have an answer for Talor?

Is it just me, or does this have the feeling of the Kentucky game of 2000? 8)

[quote="kidcoyote, post:12, topic:1562"]Don't want to be too profound, but Maryland averages over 80ppg. This will be some test. IMO, a win goes a long way toward making the tourney. Points in the paint and rebounding will decide this one. This kind of matchup is exactly the kind of win the tourney committee looks at.[/quote]

true but i think their ppg average is slightly inflated due to their 1st game of the season against Seattle where they scored 105. Seattle is almost as fast paced as the game we had a few years ago against VMI when we scored 136. Seattle scored 121 in their exhibition.

maryland looks to push the ball and get easy buckets. i know ive said it a lot, but i hope kirkpatrick fouls out of this game.
2010-11 - 28-50 (56%)
2009-10 - 64-121 (53%)

Good point on the Seattle game. Still, I saw them in one game, and they looked physically tough. Sort of how Louisville often looks. IMO, this is exactly the type of team that’s in the way of making the tourney. I don’t worry about good 3 shooting teams. IMO, the games are won and lost in the paint. On the wins this year, PSU has kind of had their way inside. One game the rb’s were 45 to 27. In the Ole Miss game, different story. If we can beat these guys, prospects will be much brighter. On those FT shooting numbers, certainly not good, but after 6 games or so, 50 FTA’s by one player is significant. Talor by comparison has 28 FTA’s. The next 3 PSU players combined have 49 FTA’s. I don’t have a good feeling. Hope I’m wrong.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:12, topic:1562"]Don't want to be too profound, but Maryland averages over 80ppg. This will be some test. IMO, a win goes a long way toward making the tourney. Points in the paint and rebounding will decide this one. This kind of matchup is exactly the kind of win the tourney committee looks at.[/quote]

2010-11 - 28-50 (56%)
2009-10 - 64-121 (53%)

That’s great but it isn’t like we have a lot of fouls to give. We can’t have Andrew, Jeff and Billy play Hack A Shaq.

2010-11 - 28-50 (56%)
2009-10 - 64-121 (53%)

That’s great but it isn’t like we have a lot of fouls to give. We can’t have Andrew, Jeff and Billy play Hack A Shaq.

Good point, which is probably why LP mentioned using Kirkpatrick for giving those fouls. Also, if/when we do foul him - make sure to foul him hard enough that he doesn’t make the basket. No And-1 opportunities, and make him earn the points from the line.