Penn State-Maryland

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100511/SPORTS12/5110354/1002/sports/Indiana++Purdue+draw+road+games+in+Big+Ten/ACC+Challenge

The Good: PSU gets a 'Challenge home game.
The Bad (for me at least): Maryland’s campus is 25 minutes from me.

Perfect for PSU. Home game against a “name” team who happens to be in our recruiting area.

This is the most exciting home non-con matchup I can remember since I started following the program 10 years ago. Let’s just hope we put on a good showing.

I hate Mrylnd with all of my heart.

[move][size=24pt]SWEAT GARY SWEAT![/size][/move]

Awesome. I was hoping for this match-up. Love it.

Ditto! Anyone remember the last game Maryland played @ PSU 20 years ago? :slight_smile:
It was a fun game @ Rec Hall!

YES! I have been hoping for this matchup for a long time!!!

Wow. NCAA 10 is freaking me out. It schedules randomly and it had Maryland on the OOC…

Awesome. I was hoping for this match-up. Love it.

Ditto! Anyone remember the last game Maryland played @ PSU 20 years ago? :slight_smile:

It WAS fun. In my 4 years as a student during the Bruce years, I don’t think I saw a better group of athletes come into Rec. They had a bunch of guys who could just get up and down and do something I’d never seen in Rec Hall before… DUNK :smiley:

Nittany Lions To Face Defending ACC Champion Maryland In 2010 ACC /Big Ten Challenge. Nittany Lions and Terrapins to Meet Wednesday, Dec. 1 in Bryce Jordan Center.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/051210aaa.html

After 10 years Penn State fiinally gets a marquee home game in the Challenge.

what have we done to deserve a marquee home game?

[quote=“CAPPY, post:10, topic:1157”]Nittany Lions To Face Defending ACC Champion Maryland In 2010 ACC /Big Ten Challenge. Nittany Lions and Terrapins to Meet Wednesday, Dec. 1 in Bryce Jordan Center.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/051210aaa.html[/quote]Now that we know we’re on Wednesday night is there any chance we can get back in that tournament?nevermind. i see that they filled the spot already.

[quote="mjg, post:5, topic:1157"]Awesome. I was hoping for this match-up. Love it.[/quote]

It WAS fun. In my 4 years as a student during the Bruce years, I don’t think I saw a better group of athletes come into Rec. They had a bunch of guys who could just get up and down and do something I’d never seen in Rec Hall before… DUNK :smiley:

Then you weren’t there when Billy Tubbs brought the Sooners into Rec Hall and ran us into the ground.

Why don’t I remember Maryland playing in 90. I was definitely there.

[quote="mjg, post:5, topic:1157"]Awesome. I was hoping for this match-up. Love it.[/quote]

Then you weren’t there when Billy Tubbs brought the Sooners into Rec Hall and ran us into the ground.

It was a NIT game on 3/19/90. PSU won 80-78.

It was a NIT game on 3/19/90. PSU won 80-78.

I remember listening to that game on my car radio in my friend’s driveway at the Harrisburg Campus. Couldn’t get it to come in on the stereo in the house.

[quote="vslice02, post:11, topic:1157"]After 10 years Penn State fiinally gets a marquee home game in the Challenge.[/quote]

I never said we deserved one, just that we finally got one, and it’ll be nice not playing Clemson, VT or at Georgia Tech.

[quote="vslice02, post:11, topic:1157"]After 10 years Penn State fiinally gets a marquee home game in the Challenge.[/quote]

More than any other team has - 3 straight wins.

I’d just like to say that Mrylnd still sucks.

That-a-Boy Nation! Stick to your principles!!

P.S. So does SCum, ~itt and tOSU!! :stuck_out_tongue: