Penn State Basketball - 2009 Media Day photo's, articles

Penn State Basketball’s Photos - 2009 Media Day from Penn State Basketball on facebook

gopsusports.com: Media Day Quotes- Chris Babb, Tim Frazier, David Jackson, Andrew Ott

Nice interviews. Getting my blood pumping again.

pennlive.com: After NIT win, Penn State men’s basketball hopes for return to NCAA Tournament

Jeff Rice: Ready for Battle

Jeff Rice: Lions hoping for a healthy Oliver

Collegian: Flu affecting two Penn State players

Collegian: Guard growing into leading role

altoonamirror: Lion in his hands

From the AP article on the Home page:

Battle also led the country in minutes played (37.4). He’s grown an inch since last season and bulked up his upper body, perhaps in anticipation of his expanded role this season.

No mention of Talor growing an inch in any other article. I can see him working out in the weight room to add muscle, but not growing an inch in six months.

Does anyone here know if PSU athletes are given flu shots? It seems like this happens every year and most of it could be avoided if the teams were given flu shots. And yes, I know that flu shots are made for the strains of flu virus that are “expected” to be most prevalent.

Kurt Kanaskie, DeChellis’ top assistant, has been promoted to associate head coach.

Sorta reminds me of the show The Office where Dwight’s title is “Assistant to the Regional Manager.” lol. :wink:

[quote=“mid-court, post:4, topic:121”]From the AP article on the Home page:

[i]Battle also led the country in minutes played (37.4). He’s grown an inch since last season and bulked up his upper body, perhaps in anticipation of his expanded role this season.[/i]

No mention of Talor growing an inch in any other article. I can see him working out in the weight room to add muscle, but not growing an inch in six months. [/quote]

Battle led in total minutes played, not minutes per game – right? If that’s the case, then the 37.4 number is misleading.

Yes.

[quote="mjg, post:7, topic:121"]Battle led in total minutes played, not minutes per game -- right? If that's the case, then the 37.4 number is misleading.[/quote]

Yes.

Thanks. I thought that was the case.

[quote="mid-court, post:4, topic:121"]From the AP article on the Home page:

[i]Battle also led the country in minutes played (37.4). He’s grown an inch since last season and bulked up his upper body, perhaps in anticipation of his expanded role this season.[/i]

No mention of Talor growing an inch in any other article. I can see him working out in the weight room to add muscle, but not growing an inch in six months.[/quote]

Battle led in total minutes played, not minutes per game – right? If that’s the case, then the 37.4 number is misleading.

He was top 15 in the country and led the Big Ten in mpg.

No mention of Talor growing an inch in any other article. I can see him working out in the weight room to add muscle, but not growing an inch in six months.[/quote]

Right, but 37.4 is not the number that is related to leading the nation in minutes played. It should have said (1,421) or whatever the total happened to be.

Right, but 37.4 is not the number that is related to leading the nation in minutes played. It should have said (1,421) or whatever the total happened to be.

Correct. He could have chose a better stat but I wouldn’t say it was misleading.

Correct. He could have chose a better stat but I wouldn’t say it was misleading.

It misleads you into thinking he led the country in minutes per game – which he did not.

It misleads you into thinking he led the country in minutes per game – which he did not.

Fair enough.

Collegian: PSU seeks jolt from freshmen

Collegian: Lions look to replace leader

Collegian Video: Men’s Basketball Press Conference

Penn State Basketball on facebook - Media Day: A closer look video