PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Penn State/Alabama football game

This is a GREAT article from ESPN about the history behind the upcoming game between Penn State and Alabama.

…FANTASTIC quotes…

Matchup sparks memories of Bear

Big game. Not optimistic, but its fun whenever you play the best teams in the country (in any sport).

I’m excited to be playing the no.1 team in the country, even if we are most likely overmatched.

BTW I’ll probably be on the road during part of the game. Does anyone know of a station carrying the game that has reception in the long dead space between Harrisburg and Sunbury on Rt. 15?

depending on the weather…

WIEZ 670-AM Lewistown

WMRF 95.7-FM Lewistown

WYGL 100.5-FM Selinsgrove/Elizabethville

also, sometimes, WKSB 102.7-FM Williamsport has some freakish range. The Pottsville stations never seem to make it to teh river.

[quote=“laoDan, post:3, topic:1336”]I’m excited to be playing the no.1 team in the country, even if we are most likely overmatched.

BTW I’ll probably be on the road during part of the game. Does anyone know of a station carrying the game that has reception in the long dead space between Harrisburg and Sunbury on Rt. 15?[/quote]

I can usually pick up AM 670 coming home from SC all the way to Marysville. Not sure how it will be heading north of 322 though.

Thanks guys. I’m heading from Lancaster to Williamsport, so I’ll try to get WKSB as soon as I can’t get the Harrisburg stations. Didn’t realize it had that much of a range. I’ll take the list of the other stations with me just in case.

Agree completely. I think we lose something like 31-6, but next year sets up much better for us to get some revenge. I’ll hope that we can hang around for a while and make it interesting (much like the game at OSU in 2006), but just don’t see us moving the ball enough to do any damage.

I’m actually in Tuscaloosa right now, enjoying this heat.

WYGL 100.5-FM Selinsgrove/Elizabethville

I didn’t realize that the FM WYGL aka Big Country is now also in EVille, which is on the east side of the river, about 30 miles NE of HBurg, so it’s coverage might be pretty good.

The Susquehanna Valley is pretty good for radio coverage.

[quote="laoDan, post:3, topic:1336"]I'm excited to be playing the no.1 team in the country, even if we are most likely overmatched.

BTW I’ll probably be on the road during part of the game. Does anyone know of a station carrying the game that has reception in the long dead space between Harrisburg and Sunbury on Rt. 15?[/quote]

I can usually pick up AM 670 coming home from SC all the way to Marysville. Not sure how it will be heading north of 322 though.

Can you get it at night? They have to lower their wattage at night and the signal may not travel that far.

[quote="noobd, post:2, topic:1336"]Big game. Not optimistic, but its fun whenever you play the best teams in the country (in any sport).[/quote] Agree completely. I think we lose something like 31-6, but next year sets up much better for us to get some revenge. I'll hope that we can hang around for a while and make it interesting (much like the game at OSU in 2006), but just don't see us moving the ball enough to do any damage.

I’m with you. Think you might even have nailed my score exactly. Have a hard time seeing how we score any touchdowns against them, but it should be exciting for at least a few minutes tomorrow. And a good setup for next year’s rematch.

PSU’s defense was pretty stout that season. I felt like OSU got the ball at the 50 yard line every possession in that game since Morelli couldn’t move the ball off his own goal line. Don’t forget that PSU had the ball down 8 (14-6), before two pick 6’s. Its really amazing what the defense accomplished in that game. What about the pathetic 13-3 Wisconsin debacle? The defense more than held its own… 10 points given up against Tennessee - plus the scoop and score touchdown to seal it. Its a shame the offense was so bad in 2006 - the defense was real good.