Penn State (2-0) 80, Robert Morris 61

Too bad Frazier can’t shoot.

Sasa impressed me late in the game and made the most of his opportunity.

How about Babb, though?

They really need Battle to get longer breaks… :slight_smile:

;D

Battle’s “off” night:

8 pts., 6 rbs, 7 assts.

[quote=“NationBuilder, post:2, topic:259”]Sasa impressed me late in the game and made the most of his opportunity.

How about Babb, though?[/quote]

Sasa looks like a top notch foul shooter also. Babb was awesome, and Frazier was unreal. Best game I saw Brooks play.

Not sure what the depth of RMU was, but they ran out of gas. You could see it in the second half on their shots, which were often off wildly.

Kinda wish he would have played possum until Big 10 season. ;D But it definitely will give people another thing to worry about for opponents. What a horrible problem to have.

Great to see the spread of points on a night when Talor only went 2 of 9 from the floor without hitting a 3. I was a little disappointed in game one form the standpoint that Ed only had Tim F. on the floor for a total of 8 minutes. When you are looking forward to seeing the Texas POY the limited playing time was disappointing.
So it was only natural to think about the things I’d read on the downside of his game that might be keeping him off the floor, i.e. dosn’t shoot the ball well. Tonight he showed us that he is capable of shooting the ball quite well!

I’m glad to hear and see (Yahoo tracker) that Babb and Frazier played well tonight. Hopefully Babb Battle and Frazier will be firing on all cylinders soon. We’ve seen Babb and Frazier light it up, as well as Battle carry the team now lets see all 3 do big things in the next game.

Can’t wait for the Charleston classic later this week, hopefully there are some streams so I can watch this team play for the first time!

Talor played 28 minutes

Frazier had 30

Point guard controversy at PSU!!

;D

Babb or Frazier might have been the player of the game, but Battle still made the play of the game.

Down 33-34 Jones grabbed a rebound and pushed it up to a streaking Battle for the layup and half time lead. It was sort of like Penn State’s end of the 2nd quarter TD vs IU. Just a little momentum was needed and PSU came out firing in the 2nd half.

Battle will probably be needed with 3 games in 4 days this coming weekend. He looked out of place on the bench for so long but I think he knows it’s what needed for the team.

2 and 0 baby. ;D

Just got back from the game and the whole time I was thinking what a team we’ll have next year. I know this is only one game but even so you can see the talent in the young guys. Now that the confidence is building, particularly for Brooks and Frazier, this team will really start to build chemistry. I paid close attention to Brooks’ face since he really shows his emotions and you can see that he feels like the weight of the world is off his shoulder.

Dare I say he may finally have that breakout season.

This is going to be another fun season. :slight_smile:

First thing–I’ve never seen a coach lean into his players as much as RMU’s did…guy needs to cool it a little.

Babb–I think we’ve waited for nights like tonight, he has the shot, if he get hot he is dropping 15 easy…maybe even in a half.

Fraizer-- He has the tools, and it looks like he is figuring out how to use them.

Brooks–Finally getting inside and getting boards…hitting his shots, this is his year so far.

Jones–If he’s going to give us 6pts 8 boards I’ll be happy

Sasa–6mins 6 points…what else do you want? Minus defense and the usual…but that sort of production is key

Battle–Plays very little and puts up good numbers…dude almost had a triple double in 29 mins…

I’ve not felt this positive about an OOC game in a while. RM isn’t a bad team, this was a good win.

[quote=“byake, post:12, topic:259”]2 and 0 baby. ;D

Just got back from the game and the whole time I was thinking what a team we’ll have next year. I know this is only one game but even so you can see the talent in the young guys. Now that the confidence is building, particularly for Brooks and Frazier, this team will really start to build chemistry. I paid close attention to Brooks’ face since he really shows his emotions and you can see that he feels like the weight of the world is off his shoulder.

Dare I say he may finally have that breakout season.[/quote]

Brooks had one play in the second half where he caught the ball at the foul line and faced up against his defender. You could almost see the confidence all of a sudden when he decided “I can take him.” He put the ball on the floor and just blew by his guy. Don’t even remember if he made it. It was just great to see him be so aggressive.

Brooks with back to back double digit scoring efforts. He could be the third scoring option we need after Battle and Babb. I love how the we scored 80 and had 9 guys in the scoring column (3 in double digits, 2 with 8, 2 with 6 and 2 with 3). That’s the balanced scoring we need.

[quote="byake, post:12, topic:259"]2 and 0 baby. ;D

Dare I say he may finally have that breakout season.[/quote]

Brooks had one play in the second half where he caught the ball at the foul line and faced up against his defender. You could almost see the confidence all of a sudden when he decided “I can take him.” He put the ball on the floor and just blew by his guy. Don’t even remember if he made it. It was just great to see him be so aggressive.

I remember that play, and he made it. Made all 6 of his shots from 2. It’s like an on-off switch just got turned to on for Jeff.

[quote=“ronb89, post:10, topic:259”]Talor played 28 minutes

Frazier had 30

;D[/quote]

Wow!

[quote="ronb89, post:10, topic:259"]Talor played 28 minutes

Frazier had 30

;D[/quote]

Wow!

In case it wasn’t clear, that was a joke.

This is the fifth time that I’ve seen him play and he hasn’t come CLOSE to making his shots until tonight. I’m hoping it’s just taken him a couple of games to get the hang of it and the other games are the outliers. After all, Battle shot horribly his first few games too.