PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Pat Chambers IS the next PSU HC

Welcome to PSU, coach! ;D

GoodmanCBS Jeff Goodman
Boston University coach Pat Chambers has NOT been offered the Penn State job as of 8:24 ET - per sources. However, Chambers is in the mix.

GoodmanCBS Jeff Goodman
Just got off phone with Ron Everhart - who said he is staying at Duquesne.

[quote=“Tom, post:2, topic:2450”]GoodmanCBS Jeff Goodman
Boston University coach Pat Chambers has NOT been offered the Penn State job as of 8:24 ET - per sources. However, Chambers is in the mix.

GoodmanCBS Jeff Goodman
Just got off phone with Ron Everhart - who said he is staying at Duquesne.[/quote]

Everhart means its been offered to someone though…

Jon Rothstein of CBSsports:
“Sources indicate that Penn State will likely hire Boston University’s Pat Chambers as its next head basketball coach…”

Not definite yet, but I’m optimistic!

I see DJones is on the thread, so I won’t say anything more than what I know. lol

I expect this to be true this weekend, but Jeter and Boylen are technically still in the mix.

Also forgot to mention that Dwayne Killings is headed to Temple. He was a BU assistant

Rothstein’s tweet is technically old news, at least in the Twitter world.

Looks like all signs point to Chambers, though.

This is absolutely NOT true. Maybe it will be at some point but I don’t think anytime soon.

At the moment this seems like one of those Internet brush fires that are not in tune with facts. I’ll believe we’ve hired a coach when I see a GoPSUsports.com press release or I read, "A Penn State spokesperson has confirmed . . "

“soon”? I am wondering if there are more interviews to come. I figured we hear something after CvC but maybe there won’t be anything for another week or so…

It seems like the writing is on the wall: Everhart is out of it, BU AC bolts for Temple job… maybe that’s just wishful thinking though or he and PSU are trying to keep it under wraps until the CvC golf thingamajigger.

While the writing may be on the wall, it’s a big jump to say that he “IS the new PSU HC”.

[quote="State4Life, post:11, topic:2450"]It seems like the writing is on the wall: Everhart is out of it, BU AC bolts for Temple job... maybe that's just wishful thinking though or he and PSU are trying to keep it under wraps until the CvC golf thingamajigger.[/quote]

While the writing may be on the wall, it’s a big jump to say that he “IS the new PSU HC”.

Agreed, I posted this after hearing a friend. After posting, I went and read the tweet myself. I jumped the gun, my mistake.

I believe you can edit the thread title. :wink:

Just insert the word “maybe” or perhaps “might be” and it is done.
The desire to be the first to “have the scoop” weighs heavy.

Better?? ;D

I’ve just been hearing that Pat Chambers will most likely be our new coach. I know nothing is official yet and I was surprised to see a thread like this surface.

Would you believe it if a Penn State spokesperson confirmed that Maurice Humphreys was on the plane to East Lansing? ;D

Sorry, had to go there.

When the fall semester starts, I hope Pat Chambers holds a speaking engagement where students are lured to fill the BJC and he tells them, “I need at least 5000 of you to show up every game and be loud. If you do, this place will truely be a home court advantage.”

Playing Nova at home should get butts in the seats…