Outplayed by UNC Wilmington

No offense to that basketball squad for their terrific effort today, but this is PATHETIC.

You are bipolar. Relax.

UNC-W is making noise in the CAA this year.

This is a one man team right now. If Battle goes down, takes a rest, etc they will fall apart.

Geez people, chill. It is one game. ::slight_smile:

This is just another lame performance at the beginning of a tournament. It’s just pathetic that PSU misses out on the RPI boost and the experience of playing the better teams.

The problem is, we’ve now gone to one of these “pre-season” tournaments two years in a row having a chance to boost our SOS for the year. Both times we’ve sh!t the bed in the opener, blowing our chance to face a strong opponent or two.

[quote=“eric17, post:2, topic:293”]You are bipolar. Relax.

UNC-W is making noise in the CAA this year.[/quote]

And we should take solace in that? Another in-season tournament, another giant turd.

This cuts PSU’s original outside chances of an NCAA birth by a lot. If they get out played by UNCW (once again no offense to them) the B10 schedule is going to be brutal.

I’m hoping this loss was due to the fact Babb was quite awful.

He’s right though…this is terrible. Outhustled all over the court, outdefended. I understand that losing happens, but to lose by 11 points to an 0-2 team this season is awful. This was a 7-22 team last year.

The only thing we can hope for is that somehow, some way we learn from this. Our OOC SOS is now officially shot, and we pretty much have to win at Temple now to rectify our early season slip.

Chris Babb 2-12…

It’s not that it’s one game, it’s the one game we needed to win to boost our OOC.

[quote="eric17, post:2, topic:293"]You are bipolar. Relax.

UNC-W is making noise in the CAA this year.[/quote]

And we should take solace in that? Another in-season tournament, another giant turd.

Exactly. PSU should be beating the UNCWs and Rhode Islands of the world, but for some reason they just aren’t feelin’ it. Babb was bad, and Jones was invisible. They both killed PSU’s chances.

[quote="Captain Cranky, post:4, topic:293"]Geez people, chill. It is one game. ::)[/quote]

It’s not that it’s one game, it’s the one game we needed to win to boost our OOC.

You guys need to remember that many teams have had bad losses and still made NCAA Tournament.

Its EARLY!

Can’t blame ED on this SOS either. Potential games against Miami (should have been a lock), and SC / Davidson / USF and then Temple and Virgina is an upgrade in OOC.

Maybe Ed could just forget about these “potential” games against decent teams and actually schedule “real” games against decent teams.

[quote="Captain Cranky, post:4, topic:293"]Geez people, chill. It is one game. ::)[/quote]

You guys need to remember that many teams have had bad losses and still made NCAA Tournament.

Its EARLY!

And you need to remember that it takes a good RPI to make the tourney.

Its EARLY!

And you need to remember that it takes a good RPI to make the tourney.

Thanks.

I do remember that. It is still EARLY!!!

It is game 3!

I can’t believe posters. We got the tar beat out of us and you are talking RPI. We have bigger issues than RPI.

I think I know that. I’ve been harping on our D all night. The fact still remains our OOC has taken a big hit.

And the fact is we got OUTPLAYED by seemingly inferior team. That doesn’t bode well against better competition.

Now THIS I can agree with. But they still have time to work it out.