PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Our Point Guards Are The Best In The Country

[hr]

So, that’s something.

Unfortunately, our 2 and 5 are pretty much the worst in the country. And 3 and 4 don’t help much, either.

From here.

The best at what, exactly? And your link appears broken - try this http://kenpom.com/gameplan.php?team=Penn%20St.

The best point guards when measured as point distribution by position.

And, link fixed. I always forget that message board markup doesn’t like url’s to be enclosed in quotes after the equal sign, even though it’s proper markup.

I think that’s kind of an odd way of describing it…

We are a team who’s point guard scores more of our points than any team in the country. I don’t see how that makes them the best at anything though, it’s all just a relative measure. And an inaccurate one, really - because most of that is Talor Battle and he isn’t even the starting PG for the team.

Penn State’s point guards score the the highest % of points for their team than any other team in the nation. Doesn’t mean they are the best – clearly they aren’t the best.

Somebody told me the human mind has great potential… ???.. ???.. ;D… ;D

Sure makes ya wonder!? Huh.

BUT, I’m pretty sure we have the BEST ushers in the nation!

At the very least we have the most fashionable ushers in the nation.

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:4, topic:1691”]I think that’s kind of an odd way of describing it…

We are a team who’s point guard scores more of our points than any team in the country. I don’t see how that makes them the best at anything though, it’s all just a relative measure. And an inaccurate one, really - because most of that is Talor Battle and he isn’t even the starting PG for the team.[/quote]

Pomeroy’s methodology for determining a player’s position is suspect. Since the box score doesn’t say who’s playing what he has to make some assumptions. Simplistically, what he does is rank the players on the court by height and assumes they are playing, in order of short to tall, point guard, shooting guard, small forward, power forward, center. That works pretty well most of the time but breaks down for Battle and Frazier.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:4, topic:1691"]I think that's kind of an odd way of describing it...

We are a team who’s point guard scores more of our points than any team in the country. I don’t see how that makes them the best at anything though, it’s all just a relative measure. And an inaccurate one, really - because most of that is Talor Battle and he isn’t even the starting PG for the team.[/quote]

Pomeroy’s methodology for determining a player’s position is suspect. Since the box score doesn’t say who’s playing what he has to make some assumptions. Simplistically, what he does is rank the players on the court by height and assumes they are playing, in order of short to tall, point guard, shooting guard, small forward, power forward, center. That works pretty well most of the time but breaks down for Battle and Frazier.

Maybe he should use his EYEBALLS and watch some of these games! ;D

[quote="Craftsy21, post:4, topic:1691"]I think that's kind of an odd way of describing it...

Maybe he should use his EYEBALLS and watch some of these games! ;D

LMAO.

I think that's kind of an odd way of describing it...

We are a team who’s point guard scores more of our points than any team in the country. I don’t see how that makes them the best at anything though, it’s all just a relative measure. And an inaccurate one, really - because most of that is Talor Battle and he isn’t even the starting PG for the team.

But everyone knows he’s the #1pg on the team. Except you, that is. And many pg’s are top scorers, Kemba Walker, Kyrie Irving, McCamey, Freeman, and Josh Selby looks like he’s on his way. I’d like to see Buie, Bowman, Marshall at the 2. IMO, we’d get more points in total from the 2 spots. Tim’s playing the 1 to give Talor a break from doing too much.