PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Our draw

Temple and San Diego State looks like a favorable draw to me. Sweet 16 appearance?:slight_smile:

I think a lot of people are selling San Diego State short. They are extremely good, and would create some pretty big matchup problems for us.

Frats - spot on.

I think it’d be a cool run if we beat Temple and gave SDSU a tussle…

Sweet 16? Seriously, I see Duke as our only challenge on the way to winning the whole thing. We meet Wisconsin in the finals and beat them again. You heard it here first. Or if you read the bracket thread, you saw it there first.

I do think San Diego State would be tough for us. I’m not taking any opponent lightly. We first need to beat Temple, and I’m not sure how easy that will be.

Personally, I do really like our bracket.

I do not underestimate SDSU for one second. But honestly, if we do manage to get past Temple, I’d rather face San Diego than any of the other two-seeds if for no other reason than because they haven’t faced the same level of competition as Florida, UNC and Notre Dame. That’s obviously not an uncommon thing to say about successful programs outside the power conferences, but it’s true. Aside from BYU - who they lost to in both games - they haven’t really been tested yet. After BYU, the next best team they faced (and beat) was UNLV, who is an 8 seed in the tourney. I think that works in our favor. We’ve been going up against high quality competition for most of the season. That experience gives us an edge, I think.

To sum it up, I don’t necessarily expect to beat SDSU if we make it that far. But I’m absolutely certain that we’re more than capable of defeating them if we get the opportunity…

IF we beat Temple I think SDSU will struggle with our pace of play.

They are a pretty slow team themselves.

Temple and San Diego State looks like a favorable draw to me. Sweet 16 appearance?:)

Sweet 16? Seriously, I see Duke as our only challenge on the way to winning the whole thing. We meet Wisconsin in the finals and beat them again. You heard it here first. Or if you read the bracket thread, you saw it there first.

I have PSU making the Elite 8, beating UConn to get there. I have Duke knocking us out(if I remember correctly). You’re more optimistic than me. :wink:

IMHO, SDSU is final-four caliber… better than anyone on the two-line other than ND. We have proven that we can play with anyone in the country though…

Temple will kill us if the team is thinking about this at all. We’ll be fortunate if we have to worry about Round 2.

Temple is a coin-flip. SDSU would take a very good effort, but I believe it’s also do-able… hell, I still think we could beat OSU 2 times out of 5 (if we were both on regular rest). There’s nobody that is unbeatable this year to me, but at the same time every single game is a battle against a very good, very hungry team. There are none you will get through if you overlook them.

True, but they surely are focusing on Temple. We can dream. :wink:

The oddsmakers have us underdogs by 2.5 to Temple. Digger likes us, Jay Bilas likes Temple.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/

Now lets not allow our hearts to overrule our heads. Please don’t gamble. IF we get by Temple, I don’t think there are too many teams that present a worse matchup for us than SDS