Ouch - Chris Babb Injured

BWI is reporting that Chris Babb dislocated his pinky finger on his right hand during the Illinois game. He wasn’t catching or shooting well at practice the other day.

Chris Babb’s Twitter account reports the same thing.

Buddy tape it.

Did he come back into the game after injuring it? Or were there two separate injuries?

He came back in but he missed his next shot (and it wasn’t too close if I remember correctly). He did grab several boards after the injury though.

I just went and double checked. He injured it at the 12:24 mark when he blocked Jeff Jordan on a fast break. He left the game at that point but returned about five game clock minutes later. He took one more shot in the game, at the 1:50 mark on a wide open three from the left wing that clanked off of the back flange of the basket but he did grab three rebounds after the injury.

Wonder if Woodyard will get more playing time now that Babb is hurt (if he was to not play).

ED said that Babb actually “broke his finger coming into the game” in his post game conference.

Bill Edwards also has a broken finger on his shooting hand. From Twitter: “Bill Edwards broke his left pinky on Monday, Babb’s broken right pinky is getting better. Difficult for both to catch the ball.”

And both are shooting hands.

That’s why I mentioned he also has a broken finger on his shooting hand. :slight_smile:

That sucks. I’m pretty sure Edwards shoots with his left hand.

Yea…maybe he’ll stop shooting threes now.lol

Babb is still sore but its getting better

[quote="pmhewitt, post:11, topic:654"]That sucks. I'm pretty sure Edwards shoots with his left hand.[/quote]

Last time I checked Edwards had 2 hands! ;D

Wimps. Ronnie Lott would have just cut it off. ;D

Not when he goes up for breakaway dunks against Iowa… ???

[quote="pmhewitt, post:11, topic:654"]That sucks. I'm pretty sure Edwards shoots with his left hand.[/quote]

I hope not. I’d rather he start making more of them. Edwards is already shooting better than Battle did as freshman (heck, Bill is 9-31 and Battle started out 3-31). I don’t think that anyone is too upset when Talor takes a three pointer and they shouldn’t be when Edwards takes one either.

Edwards can make that shot and I’m quite content to see him shoot it.

I hope not. I’d rather he start making more of them. Edwards is already shooting better than Battle did as freshman (heck, Bill is 9-31 and Battle started out 3-31). I don’t think that anyone is too upset when Talor takes a three pointer and they shouldn’t be when Edwards takes one either.

Nothing like some numbers to put an end to some good natured ribbing. Can someone say wet blanket?

Nothing like some numbers to put an end to some good natured ribbing. Can someone say wet blanket?

Maybe I don’t consider an undeserved shot at any of our players “good natured ribbing”?

Maybe I don’t consider an undeserved shot at any of our players “good natured ribbing”?

But undeserved shots at posters - that’s all fair game :slight_smile:

I guess I took the “lol” at the end as a statement that he was kidding. As for the validity of the statement, the guy is 9-31. Yep, completely undeserved based on the highly scientific “Look at What Talor Battle Did Last Year” analysis that you ran the numbers through.