Ott graduating early

Add him to the list, per an extremely reliable source. He is gone.

Not a loss, IMO. Sasa will play more, and should’ve this season.

Let’s hope Babb and Ott are it though.

[quote=“Tom, post:3, topic:1007”]Let’s hope Babb and Ott are it though.[/quote]More than likely not :-\

[quote="Tom, post:3, topic:1007"]Let's hope Babb and Ott are it though.[/quote]More than likely not :-\

I feel like it is the end of Jerry Dunn’s time again…

[quote="Tom, post:3, topic:1007"]Let's hope Babb and Ott are it though.[/quote]More than likely not :-\

Why do you say that? Do you have someone in mind?

Stay tuned is all I have to say

I agree I think there will be more. The anger of some parents at recent games. I also hated the way it seemed the team phoned in the Big Ten Tourn. It was the first time I felt Ed had really lost the team.

So Babb and Ott are gone. And I hear there are 2 others as well. And Brooks, Battle, Jones and Jackson are gone next year. I have to think there are 2 lines of thought here.
#1 Ed will probably get this team to the NCAA’s next year.
#2 Ed will probably not.

If your in group #1 then obviously Ed should stay in your mind. But if your in group #2 I don’t see how you can give Ed another year. There are a ton of scholarships opening up. If Ed lives up to many or our expectations than he will be gone next year anyway. Shouldn’t a new coach get to use these scholarships as he sees fit?

[quote=“pmhewitt, post:9, topic:1007”]So Babb and Ott are gone. And I hear there are 2 others as well. And Brooks, Battle, Jones and Jackson are gone next year.[/quote] If this turns out to be true. You think 2009-2010 was bad? Wait until the 2011-2012 season.
:’( :’( :’( :’(

Assuming all four seniors are back next year then if two others are transferring out, it has to be two of the following:
Frazier
Edwards
Sasa
Woodyard
Marshall
Oliver

If anyone from that group (except for Oliver for medical reasons) transfers out, then I think we’re in trouble.

If we are losing 2 more and they are anybody other than Oliver and Camm we are definitely up Fecal Creek without a paddle.

I agree I think there will be more. The anger of some parents at recent games. I also hated the way it seemed the team phoned in the Big Ten Tourn. It was the first time I felt Ed had really lost the team.

Anger…What??.. The apologists said everything was wonderful and ALL were perfectly happy!!

Anger…What??.. The apologists said everything was wonderful and ALL were perfectly happy!!

Despite what you say we are “on the right track” :wink:

There was a thread on FOS a week or so that said that their was a rumor going around that Billy Edwards didn’t like State College and that he may transfer. I hope this was not true, but with all thir recent turmoil, it makes me start to worry. This is getting really crazy.

Despite what you say we are “on the right track” :wink:

I know an “insider” when I see one!

Stay tuned is all I have to say

This is the tsunami I was afraid was happening.

I heard about this as well and as a result I was expecting he would be 1 of 2 guys leaving. I never expected it would be Babb. I certainly hope there aren’t any other guys leaving. If there is anyone else would you expect it to be announced soon? I’d like to breathe a sigh of relief if we don’t hear anything next week, but I guess there is no deadline for these announcements to be made.

[quote="Donkey, post:15, topic:1007"]There was a thread on FOS a week or so that said that their was a rumor going around that Billy Edwards didn't like State College and that he may transfer. I hope this was not true, but with all thir recent turmoil, it makes me start to worry. This is getting really crazy.[/quote]

I never expected it would be Babb. I certainly hope there aren’t any other guys leaving.

Babb isn’t to surprising. Look at the roster in 2 years( and NO i’m not saying next year will be good) but in 2 years we could be pretty stinkin bad. I think Chris and his family realized this. Can’t fault them.

This is Ott’s pattern. He quit Villanova just like he is quitting here. In my opinion, Ott is a below average backup and is soft. Ott had a chance to beat out Jones and he didnt do it. That is Ott’s fault. None these kids are held accountable for their play. Werent they part of this team? Its always somebody elses fault, never their own. See ya Ott, congrats you quit two college teams.