PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT - Women's Volleyball Final Four

UCLA, the team that beat PSU in the regional semis, just beat FSU to get to the title game.

At 9:00 tonight on ESPN2, Illinois and USC will play in the other national semifinal for those interested.

My other girls get 'er done…

Illinois joins UCLA for Saturday’s final with a five-set win over USC. :smiley:

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:2, topic:2916”]My other girls get 'er done…

Illinois joins UCLA for Saturday’s final with a five-set win over USC. :D[/quote]
If we can’t win it, then at least the trophy can stay in the conference. I’m good with that :wink:

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:2, topic:2916”]My other girls get 'er done…

Illinois joins UCLA for Saturday’s final with a five-set win over USC. :D[/quote]

Their match point was one of the more intense final points I’ve ever watched. Job well done by the Illini. I’m happy with either team winning. The national champ will either be the team that eliminated PSU from the tournament or it will be the team that won the Big Ten title from them. I’m content with both outcomes.

My other girls get 'er done...

Illinois joins UCLA for Saturday’s final with a five-set win over USC. :smiley:

Their match point was one of the more intense final points I’ve ever watched. Job well done by the Illini. I’m happy with either team winning. The national champ will either be the team that eliminated PSU from the tournament or it will be the team that won the Big Ten title from them. I’m content with both outcomes.

Yes Lar, both my wife and I (not that we’re volleyball freaks that watch a lot) have never seen anything like that match point. USC refused to die and Illinois made some incredible digs themselves. The ball traveled over the net 22 times and most of those were not of the garden-variety, backyard volleyball type.

Obviously Illinois or bust for my wife and I from here on out.

The match will be Saturday night on ESPN2 at 8:30.

Why ESPN2 and not ESPN for a national championship telecast, you might ask? Well, of course, the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl followed by the P+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl are on the mothership ::slight_smile: There’s too much emphasis on college football in this country creating all these “football factories” ;D

GO ILLINI!

Congrats to Illini - and I’m with Lar, either way, it’s fine with me, though I strongly prefer it be a B1G champ