PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Wisky at Michigan

Michigan up by 2 at home. 1:50 left first half. A win by Michigan would not be good.

Michigan up 2 with 3:25 left…this one’s going down to the wire.

Still up 2…6.9 seconds and Wisky with the ball

WOW…Wisky banks a 3 in at the buzzer to win.

Holy s***. ;D

That looked like one of our losses. ;D

Bank!

Shades of Jake F’ing Kelly. We got really really really lucky.

LOL - “If it comes through the net, you have to count 'em”.

Wow that was sick. Like Lar said feels like something that would happen to us! Michigan really bricked from the line down the stretch or it wouldn’t have come down to that.

Was impressed to see Michigan playing so inspired since they are mostly young guys. Imagine what their going to be when they’re all butterflies.

I was losing my mind that whole last possession. Hopefully this game factors in for us nicely come Selection Sunday ;D

OH MY GOODNESS :o

Sucks to be Michigan ;D

Morris missing the front end of the 1 and 1 on their last possession was a killer.

That was their 6th consecutive miss from the line so it hardly hinged on just that last one

[quote="kidcoyote, post:14, topic:1985"]Morris missing the front end of the 1 and 1 on their last possession was a killer.[/quote]

That was their 6th consecutive miss from the line so it hardly hinged on just that last one

That’s something Wisky just doesn’t do, lose on that. I didn’t realize they lead the nation in both FT % and fewest TO’s. Pretty amazing. Talk about not beating yourself.

I just feel terrible for those kids…

wait, no i don’t.

You know what I was shocked about? 1 minute left in the 2nd half. Wisconsin had 6 PF’s and Michigan had 2 PF’s. Did the refs lose their whistles or did they have sore throats and couldn’t blow them?

http://mgoblog.com/content/death-backboards#comments

I didn’t like how Wisky kept chucking up 3’s down the stretch. Live by the 3 and die by it, and they almost did. (as well as UM… die by a banked 3!) Once Wisky got a 3 pt lead they should have kept going inside, but they didn’t, missed a few 3’s and bang, realy should have lost this one.