OT: What Really Happened to Tiger over Thanksgiving

This story seems to go along with the initial reports of the dispute/accident that were initially released. If true, it shows how much the media is blowing this all out-of-proportion (imagine that).

Link: http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-tiger-email,0,3586191.story

[quote=“State4Life, post:1, topic:557”]This story seems to go along with the initial reports of the dispute/accident that were initially released. If true, it shows how much the media is blowing this all out-of-proportion (imagine that).

Link: http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-tiger-email,0,3586191.story[/quote]

the media wouldn’t dare blow something up like that!!! Hahah…saw this on ur facebook.great find

[quote=“State4Life, post:1, topic:557”]This story seems to go along with the initial reports of the dispute/accident that were initially released. If true, it shows how much the media is blowing this all out-of-proportion (imagine that).

Link: http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-tiger-email,0,3586191.story[/quote]

“how much the media is blowing this all out-of-proportion”?

Help me out here. This is a more extreme version of the night’s activities than anything that I’ve seen in the media yet so how exactly does it demonstrate how the media are exaggerating?

It’s also a friend of a friend of a friend story which rarely gets things right.

I agree with Lar on this one.

Think about this from a Tiger PR perspective. When Tiger and his people were backed in a corner on this one, who do they call to “make things right”…Arnold Palmer, one of the most trusted names in all of golf. And Furman Bisher, one of the most trusted journalists in all of golf.

Living in Atlanta for the past two decades, I have grown to admire Bisher’s work and trust his journalistic values. But this sounds like a massive spin job to twist the public into believing that this is exactly what occurred.

I can hear Tiger’s team now. “OK, who do we tell this fabricated story to to make them believe that this is the truth.” So one IMG agent, tells another IMG agent to tell his trusted friend to tell his trusted friend Furman Bisher that this is how it all went down.

Though I’m not sure how all of this really helps Tiger out in this situation. So maybe this is the way it all went down. Just smells a bit fishy to me considering how Furman is trying to get folks to believe he heard it from a “trusted” source (neighbor of Woods who is a friend of an IMG agent, who is a confidant of Woods’ IMG agent.)

Believe what you want to believe, I guess. I still don’t really care (though you probably can’t tell by my responding to this thread :)). I will not be rooting for Tiger, nor will I really care about whether he comes back to take over the world of golf again, which I’m assuming he will. He cheated on his family in the worst way. That’s all I need to know.

The “Big Lie” is always easier to sell.

I’m surprised they would print that. Getting whacked with a nine iron is about the only way you could get any sympathy, so I can see why some think of it as spin. At the same time, it doesn’t help that much. Good thing at that point there was only one other woman on the radar. :o

Well at least she didn’t use a 1 iron, because we all know even God can’t hit a 1.

[quote="tjb, post:6, topic:557"]I'm surprised they would print that. Getting whacked with a nine iron is about the only way you could get any sympathy, so I can see why some think of it as spin. At the same time, it doesn't help that much. Good thing at that point there was only one other woman on the radar. :o[/quote]

Well at least she didn’t use a 1 iron, because we all know even God can’t hit a 1.

God would be stupid to play one with the recent advancements in hybrid clubs. :wink:

[quote="tjb, post:6, topic:557"]I'm surprised they would print that. Getting whacked with a nine iron is about the only way you could get any sympathy, so I can see why some think of it as spin. At the same time, it doesn't help that much. Good thing at that point there was only one other woman on the radar. :o[/quote]

God would be stupid to play one with the recent advancements in hybrid clubs. :wink:

The one iron was one of my favorite clubs. I could hit it straighter than my driver and got enough distance to get by from the whites. I got a new set of irons this summer, along with a new hybrid and a 3 wood. I still can’t hit any of my new clubs straight. They seem to have a natural draw built into the clubs, which turns my natural draw into a hook. I am going to OC MD in the early spring, so not much time to figure it all out. Probably not enough warm weather to get much range time in before the trip. Oh well. A bad day of golf is still better than a good day at work.

I always kept my clubs at the clubhouse. It only cost me a $100 a year or something like that. This is why.

LOL. Never gave that a thought. Plenty of other weapons around my house. I’d probably rather get chased with a 9 iron than my shotgun or .45 Glock. Only the .45 is loaded, and I’m not sure my wife knows how to chamber a round. And it would probably fly out of her hand with the first shot. But I’d still rather take my chances with the 9 iron.

This may be the origin of the way gang-bangers hold the gun sideways. When spraying into a crowd, the kick makes you miss left or right, and you still might get someone, not high.

PennStateHoops.com, news you can use.

I’d say Elin needs to strengthen her grip seeing that she seems to have pushed Tiger’s Escalade right.

[quote="mjg, post:11, topic:557"]And it would probably fly out of her hand with the first shot.[/quote]

This may be the origin of the way gang-bangers hold the gun sideways. When spraying into a crowd, the kick makes you miss left or right, and you still might get someone, not high.

PennStateHoops.com, news you can use.

I’d say Elin needs to strengthen her grip seeing that she seems to have pushed Tiger’s Escalade right.

[Oops, funny post but it crossed something of a line for a family friendly board so I snipped it]