PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: what is going on at PSU on Sept 16-18?

I’m trying to schedule my golf weekend with my brothers and the hotels are booked or are double the rate we pay for PSU hoops weekends. The football team is in Philly that weekend to play Temple, so it isn’t them. The Hilton Garden is normally around $120 for 9/30-10/2, but is $225 for 9/16-9/18. Its around $300 for football weekends.

Any ideas what is going on?

We targeted this particular weekend because its a non-football weekend. We were looking at 9/30-10/2, but that is the Lady Lions Invitational golf tournament so the Blue course is closed and one of the White’s holes (18?) becomes the driving range.

Thanks for the help.

[quote=“JakkL, post:1, topic:2253”]I’m trying to schedule my golf weekend with my brothers and the hotels are booked or are double the rate we pay for PSU hoops weekends. The football team is in Philly that weekend to play Temple, so it isn’t them. The Hilton Garden is normally around $120 for 9/30-10/2, but is $225 for 9/16-9/18. Its around $300 for football weekends.

Any ideas what is going on?

We targeted this particular weekend because its a non-football weekend. We were looking at 9/30-10/2, but that is the Lady Lions Invitational golf tournament so the Blue course is closed and one of the White’s holes (18?) becomes the driving range.

Thanks for the help.[/quote]

PSU Parents Weekend

Thanks Lar. I just couldn’t figure it out. I knew it wasn’t sports related.