PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: TEDxPSU - Sam Richards - A Radical Experiment in Empathy

I’ve got to give this guy some credit for going out on a limb. As with many TED talks, this one is quite thought provoking but I’m guessing this one wasn’t universally embraced. After listening to it, it makes me think that I missed an opportunity last fall when the first TEDxPSU took place and I’m probably going to attend the one this year.

TEDxPSU - Sam Richards - A Radical Experiment in Empathy

This is the second TEDxPSU talk to be featured on TED.com. The first is Ali Carr-Chellman’s talk on boys in school.

http://www.ted.com/talks/view/lang/eng//id/1053 (I’m not sure how to embed)

I helped out with TEDxPSU last year. I think it’s something that could truly grow into a serious event. I’ve heard the new executive team has some big ideas for the future. Many TED and TEDx events cost money but last years event was free and I hope they keep it that way. I would definitely check it out next year.

Richards’ talk is on the front and center of TED.com. Awesome for Sam and PSU.

Sam Richards is the man. I had the luxury of having him as a professor for two of my classes and he was one of the best teachers that I had while at PSU (even above Dr. Frank Clemente, who I also had).

That talk is a glimpse into his classroom, he actually gives that same talk in Soc 119.

even above Dr. Frank Clemente, who I also had

blasphemy! :smiley:

Awesome they are doing this at PSU now. I definitely will try to attend the next one.