OT: Taylor King

When PSU got Andrew Ott, Villanova got Duke transfer Taylor King. King was a McDonald’s 2nd team All American, and had scored 35 points in one game for Duke. I supposed he wanted more playing time.

News from a friend of mine in the Philly area has it that Jay Wright is losing his patience with King. The reason? He’s a chain smoker. Go figure. Guess Coach K never told Jay. :wink:

[quote=“kidcoyote, post:1, topic:1039”]When PSU got Andrew Ott, Villanova got Duke transfer Taylor King. King was a McDonald’s 2nd team All American, and had scored 35 points in one game for Duke. I supposed he wanted more playing time.

News from a friend of mine in the Philly area has it that Jay Wright is losing his patience with King. The reason? He’s a chain smoker. Go figure. Guess Coach K never told Jay. ;)[/quote]

A chain smoker? Sheesh! How does that happen to a top level athlete?

Maybe we’ll pick up another Nova castoff, and ED will hypnotize him into quitting smoking?

"Look into my bald spot … you are getting very sleepy … when I snap my fingers you will no longer want to smoke … however, you WILL want to play with your back to the bucket … "

Hes a great shooter. No wonder why he comes off the bench! He doesn’t have the stamina to play big minutes if he smokes, haha.

So what you are saying is there are times when he is “On Fire”. :wink:

[quote="kidcoyote, post:1, topic:1039"]When PSU got Andrew Ott, Villanova got Duke transfer Taylor King. King was a McDonald's 2nd team All American, and had scored 35 points in one game for Duke. I supposed he wanted more playing time.

News from a friend of mine in the Philly area has it that Jay Wright is losing his patience with King. The reason? He’s a chain smoker. Go figure. Guess Coach K never told Jay. ;)[/quote]

A chain smoker? Sheesh! How does that happen to a top level athlete?

Maybe we’ll pick up another Nova castoff, and ED will hypnotize him into quitting smoking?

"Look into my bald spot … you are getting very sleepy … when I snap my fingers you will no longer want to smoke … however, you WILL want to play with your back to the bucket … "

LMAO

Oh yeah. He lights IT up some times. Well actually, he apparently lights it up a lot more than I originally thought.

I think everyone knows about Vlade Divac. He was a chronic chain-smoker. Was still able to play 16 seasons in the NBA.

That still blows my mind.

[quote=“Skeeza, post:7, topic:1039”]I think everyone knows about Vlade Divac. He was a chronic chain-smoker. Was still able to play 16 seasons in the NBA.

That still blows my mind.[/quote]
Yeah, I’m sure its possible. I know a few smokers who were high school and collegiate athletes. But I think its very reasonable to assume Divac could be X amount of skill level better if he didn’t smoke. ;D

I think the Tecate commercials were actually written about Vlade Divac.

We saw Calvin Booth smoking while he was a student. Maybe he was trying to lose weight. :wink:

I used to run with a guy that smoked. I mean literally, he would occassionaly smoke while playing. It was weird.

[quote=“JakkL, post:10, topic:1039”]We saw Calvin Booth smoking while he was a student. Maybe he was trying to lose weight. ;)[/quote]That explains why Brooks and Jackson are so damn skinny. They’ve been seen puffing on a pack of reds before practice!! :wink:

You mean Dos Equis?

[quote="NICU, post:9, topic:1039"]I think the Tecate commercials were actually written about Vlade Divac.[/quote]

You mean Dos Equis?

Haha. Yeah, I duffed it. I heard a Dos Equis commercial on the radio today coming to work and realized I totally screwed the pooch on that one.