PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Steeler Ladies (Put A Ring On It)

I know this presents a danger of bringing out all the Eagle (and Jet) fans but, football rooting passions aside, this is pretty well done.

Steeler Ladies (Put A Ring On It)

I love girls from the burgh.

Hmmm… No pictures, maybe that was smart?

Here ya go! ;D

Steeler Ladies (Put A Ring On It) !!! NOW ON COLLEG HUMOR .COM!

[quote=“UncleLar, post:1, topic:1811”]I know this presents a danger of bringing out all the Eagle (and Jet) fans but, football rooting passions aside, this is pretty well done.

Steeler Ladies (Put A Ring On It)[/quote]

That’s all Pittsburgh has to offer in terms of attractive young women? Thank god I’m a Jets fan.

By the way, my girlfriend’s (she’s not from Pittsburgh and puts those two to shame) entire family have managed to make me hate everything about Pittsburgh in one week. Apparently everyone I ever knew from school also felt it was appropriate to text, call and facebook their trash talk as well…including an ex who I haven’t spoken to in months.

Like Bart Scott said…CAN’T WAIT.

[quote="UncleLar, post:1, topic:1811"]I know this presents a danger of bringing out all the Eagle (and Jet) fans but, football rooting passions aside, this is pretty well done.

Steeler Ladies (Put A Ring On It)[/quote]

That’s all Pittsburgh has to offer in terms of attractive young women? Thank god I’m a Jets fan.

By the way, my girlfriend’s (she’s not from Pittsburgh and puts those two to shame) entire family have managed to make me hate everything about Pittsburgh in one week. Apparently everyone I ever knew from school also felt it was appropriate to text, call and facebook their trash talk as well…including an ex who I haven’t spoken to in months.

Like Bart Scott said…CAN’T WAIT.

I thought as a Jets fan you might be able to appreciate a little trash talk by now? Your team’s actions kind of make you a prime target to get some thrown back at you - just better hope they win or you’re really going to hear about it.

Wasn’t this same song around 2 or 3 years ago (when the song was actually popular and the Steelers were in the Superbowl)? I’m almost positive if it nothing new.

Bleed, I agree - I was neither a fan or not a fan of the Steelers originally, but by far the most obnoxious and annoying fans that I met during my time at Penn State were Steelers fans. They would be obnoxious and over-the-top at the exact same time that they would bash Eagles fans for doing exactly what they were doing. I arrived at college as a fan of neither PA team (Carolina Panthers), but anymore pull for the Eagles when it comes to the “local” team because Steelers fans, as a whole, were that bad.

Now, that being said, I’m pulling for the Steelers this weekend. I’m currently in Pittsburgh and am having fun seeing how crazy this city is going for their team. I want to at least see what this city is like heading up to a Superbowl.

FYI - the girl/guy ratio is like 5-7:1 I hear… not quite as good as Atlanta (and the ATL has those southern bells), but not a bad ratio.

here is a new Steeler fan song from In Acchord to the tune of Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance"
:)

“Steel Defense” - In Acchord

I am glad some one else see’s it to… Everyone always rails on the Eagles fans being obnoxious, but Steelers fans I have come across are ten times worse…I have lived in PA for almost my whole life and I could count on 1 hand the number of Steelers fans I knew in the 80’s and 90’s, and once they started winning EVERYONE is a Steelers fan now…

[quote=“State4Life, post:7, topic:1811”]Wasn’t this same song around 2 or 3 years ago (when the song was actually popular and the Steelers were in the Superbowl)? I’m almost positive if it nothing new.

Bleed, I agree - I was neither a fan or not a fan of the Steelers originally, but by far the most obnoxious and annoying fans that I met during my time at Penn State were Steelers fans. They would be obnoxious and over-the-top at the exact same time that they would bash Eagles fans for doing exactly what they were doing. I arrived at college as a fan of neither PA team (Carolina Panthers), but anymore pull for the Eagles when it comes to the “local” team because Steelers fans, as a whole, were that bad.

Now, that being said, I’m pulling for the Steelers this weekend. I’m currently in Pittsburgh and am having fun seeing how crazy this city is going for their team. I want to at least see what this city is like heading up to a Superbowl.

FYI - the girl/guy ratio is like 5-7:1 I hear… not quite as good as Atlanta (and the ATL has those southern bells), but not a bad ratio.[/quote]

I am glad some one else see's it to.. Everyone always rails on the Eagles fans being obnoxious, but Steelers fans I have come across are ten times worse...I have lived in PA for almost my whole life and I could count on 1 hand the number of Steelers fans I knew in the 80's and 90's, and once they started winning EVERYONE is a Steelers fan now.....

[quote=“State4Life, post:7, topic:1811”]Wasn’t this same song around 2 or 3 years ago (when the song was actually popular and the Steelers were in the Superbowl)? I’m almost positive if it nothing new.

FYI - the girl/guy ratio is like 5-7:1 I hear… not quite as good as Atlanta (and the ATL has those southern bells), but not a bad ratio.[/quote]

Steelers are one of the top 3 biggest fanbases in the NFL, which is now America’s number 1 sport. This isn’t something that just happened as a result of their recent success, but moreso because of the 70’s success.

I won’t sit here and tell you that there are no band-wagon steelers fans - they exist everywhere for every team. But there are a lot of people who support the Pirates also, you just don’t hear them talking about it all that often because it’s not so much fun to follow a team that sucks year after year. If they were to win, a lot more people would be talking about the Pirates also - I don’t think that’s entirely a bandwagon thing, just a matter of interest-levels in relation to how promising the product on the field looks. When you’ve been hopeless for 20 years, nobody is going to pay a lot of attention to you - with the very rare exception of die-hards, who are miserable and probably don’t want to talk about it anyhow. :wink:

I am glad some one else see's it to.. Everyone always rails on the Eagles fans being obnoxious, but Steelers fans I have come across are ten times worse...I have lived in PA for almost my whole life and I could count on 1 hand the number of Steelers fans I knew in the 80's and 90's, and once they started winning EVERYONE is a Steelers fan now.....

Steelers are one of the top 3 biggest fanbases in the NFL, which is now America’s number 1 sport. This isn’t something that just happened as a result of their recent success, but moreso because of the 70’s success.

I won’t sit here and tell you that there are no band-wagon steelers fans - they exist everywhere for every team. But there are a lot of people who support the Pirates also, you just don’t hear them talking about it all that often because it’s not so much fun to follow a team that sucks year after year. If they were to win, a lot more people would be talking about the Pirates also - I don’t think that’s entirely a bandwagon thing, just a matter of interest-levels in relation to how promising the product on the field looks. When you’ve been hopeless for 20 years, nobody is going to pay a lot of attention to you - with the very rare exception of die-hards, who are miserable and probably don’t want to talk about it anyhow. :wink:

Isn’t that by definition a bandwagon fan?

Most of my time in PA was spent in lower central PA and these same “Steelers” fans who should have been forged for life because of the 70’s were actually Redskins fans back in the 80’s and early 90’s because we lived about 60 miles from D.C. and they were great under Gibbs, so that’s the bandwagon they were on. Redskins become horrible and those fans bail…I just think it is humurous when these people throw out the 6 rings and this and that when it comes to dissing whatever team you like and telling you how great they are, but they weren’t fans when most of the rings were won… Kinda like Pitt spouting off they have won like 10 NC’s in college football but none since 1920, lol

Isn’t that by definition a bandwagon fan?

No. Unless you want to concede that 99 percent of all sports fans are bandwagon fans.

It’s natural to begin valuing something less when it only brings you pain and despair. That doesn’t mean you forget about it altogether… (like a bad relationship with a gal, for instance. Of course you still think about her, but it’s easier to be apart than together sometimes :wink: ) But you definitely shouldn’t be valuing it the same way you did when things were peachy.

A bandwagon fan is somebody who never liked the team in the first place and only showed up when things got good. And somebody who has no feelings for the team in general, but rather feelings for being part of something peachy.

I don’t believe the majority of fans are just “womanizers” to their teams - I just think they don’t have the time/emotions to focus on a team so much when the team doesn’t seem interested in or capable of achieving the goals you’ve set together.

I’ve been a fan of the Steelers since before the Immaculate Reception – so before ANYTHING good ever happened to that team. I’ve been alive for every Super Bowl and can remember every one from VII on. I’ve seen bandwagon fans come and go for a lot of teams. I think it’s pretty much always the bandwagon fans that give a fanbase a bad image. The diehards are rooted deep enough that they remember the bad times and appreciate the good. So they are far less likely to be obnoxious about any good run.

To be honest, I didn’t know more than one Jets fan before this season. Now they are climbing out of the woodwork like stink bugs. And they are almost all obnoxious. And don’t get me started on Eagle fans in Lancaster county. For god sake, win something before you put down teams that have. It’s so funny watching Eagle fans go at it with Cowboy, Redskin and Giant fans.

Frankly, I don’t get offended by fans (short for fanatic, but probably closer to lunatic) being obnoxious about rooting for their team. That’s what makes it fun.

Being a patriots fan who was born and raised outside of Harrisburg I always have toexplain that as a boy I went to foxboro for a colts pats game. When we played backyard football my friends were Franco, Bradshaw, staubach. I was grogan, Sam Cunningham, Mack Herron, Stanley Morgan.

To be fair, I have to give the central PA fans a bye on the Redskins thing. A lot were Redskins fans because the the Redskins had their summer camp in Carlisle, so you could just jump over there and watch the summer workouts free. Familiarity leads to being a fan. In essence, they were the home team for that area.

I think the Redskins lost a majority of their central PA fans when they moved that camp.

How bout those Steelers! Lookin forward to the next Steelers youtube video, like maybe…
KNOCKIN ON SEVEN’S DOOR? ;D

[quote=“CAPPY, post:17, topic:1811”]How bout those Steelers! Lookin forward to the next Steelers youtube video, like maybe…
KNOCKIN ON SEVEN’S DOOR? ;D [/quote]

How about Stairway to Seven?

Pittsburgh Steelers Stairway to Seven

(OK, this was made before the last Steelers SuperBowl, but maybe it will be updated)

And just a little further embarrassment for our Jet fans:

Mark Sanchez Picks Nose, Wipes Booger On Mark Brunell’s Jacket

[quote=“blue2blue, post:19, topic:1811”]And just a little further embarrassment for our Jet fans:

Mark Sanchez Picks Nose, Wipes Booger On Mark Brunell’s Jacket[/quote]

:smiley: I actually say that live last night! Gross!