OT: State High Football Game

Time for a change of pace. I owe my alma mater a bit of face time to get the word out about this game this Friday night at 7. Bishop McDevitt comes into town this friday ranked #2 in the state and looking for revenge after State High upset them 20-19 at home last year. State College on the other hand, comes into the game with a #15 ranking in the state and are 22-5 in their past 27 games including a Mid Penn League Championship and a PIAA District AAAA Championship. In high school football losing doesn’t end your season the same way that it does in college football but a victory for either team will go along way for seeding and bye weeks in the playoffs just a few weeks away.

If you dont care too much about either teams playoff hopes it is still a good chance to enjoy State College’s best kept secret in friday night football in the heart of downtown. It is also a good chance to see one of Penn State’s soon-to-be-freshman in Alex Kenney who has amassed 18 TDs this season and has an eye-popping 8 yards a carry. Tickets are only 5 bucks and you are bound to see a great game between two solid teams that have a lot of history between them.

Both teams boast solid defenses and smart quarterbacks. My hope is that you’ll take the time to check out a future Penn Stater, support a good local sports team and enjoy a good football game.Lets Go State!

Can be watched on PNC also. Not sure if it is a Friday (live) or a Saturday(delay) broadcast.

CD beat State High

McDevitt demolished CD.

No one’s stopping Bishop McDevitt this year except Bishop McDevitt.

[quote=“eric17, post:3, topic:140”]CD beat State High

McDevitt demolished CD.

No one’s stopping Bishop McDevitt this year except Bishop McDevitt.[/quote]

Give the guys a chance, State High didn’t have their starting QB for that game. You gotta play the game. We of all people should know that. If I had a buck for every game we’re “going to lose” that we won I’d have…well…a few bucks

Being a State High alum myself I’ve never cared much about the football program. Now if you want to talk Cross-country… :wink:

Lol def a solid team as well. I just figured I’d do my part to help them out for their big game 8) (I’ve wanted to use that one for a while now)

[quote=“NGameday, post:1, topic:140”]Time for a change of pace. I owe my alma mater a bit of face time to get the word out about this game this Friday night at 7. Bishop McDevitt comes into town this friday ranked #2 in the state and looking for revenge after State High upset them 20-19 at home last year. State College on the other hand, comes into the game with a #15 ranking in the state and are 22-5 in their past 27 games including a Mid Penn League Championship and a PIAA District AAAA Championship. In high school football losing doesn’t end your season the same way that it does in college football but a victory for either team will go along way for seeding and bye weeks in the playoffs just a few weeks away.

If you dont care too much about either teams playoff hopes it is still a good chance to enjoy State College’s best kept secret in friday night football in the heart of downtown. It is also a good chance to see one of Penn State’s soon-to-be-freshman in Alex Kenney who has amassed 18 TDs this season and has an eye-popping 8 yards a carry. Tickets are only 5 bucks and you are bound to see a great game between two solid teams that have a lot of history between them.

Both teams boast solid defenses and smart quarterbacks. My hope is that you’ll take the time to check out a future Penn Stater, support a good local sports team and enjoy a good football game.Lets Go State![/quote]

You actually cut and pasted your blog entry here. ::slight_smile:

[quote="NGameday, post:1, topic:140"]Time for a change of pace. I owe my alma mater a bit of face time to get the word out about this game this Friday night at 7. Bishop McDevitt comes into town this friday ranked #2 in the state and looking for revenge after State High upset them 20-19 at home last year. State College on the other hand, comes into the game with a #15 ranking in the state and are 22-5 in their past 27 games including a Mid Penn League Championship and a PIAA District AAAA Championship. In high school football losing doesn’t end your season the same way that it does in college football but a victory for either team will go along way for seeding and bye weeks in the playoffs just a few weeks away.

Both teams boast solid defenses and smart quarterbacks. My hope is that you’ll take the time to check out a future Penn Stater, support a good local sports team and enjoy a good football game.Lets Go State![/quote]

You actually cut and pasted your blog entry here. ::slight_smile:

Man oh man get the water out the flame throwers are here! haha…I just figured there wasn’t any need to re-write something. And I wasn’t gonna link it cause that would look like I was after hits. Glad you’re reading enough to catch the copy paste tho.hahah

I don’t have a problem with you linking to it, others may feel differently and I am sure tell you so if it gets out of hand. :wink:

I’ll be SHOCKED if McD doesn’t destroy SC. I’ve seen both teams play against Cedar Cliff. I wasn’t impressed at all by SC. McD on the other hand… wow.

They are really good without a doubt…and you’re prob right. I remember about 6-7 years ago when they played them when they had McCoy they were ranked really high nationally and we only lost by an extra point…or maybe 3-4.Either way the game was close until the end. I’m not saying that’ll happen again, but you never know.

One thing the reporters from the Patriot-News have continually reported this year is that this isn’t your father’s McD. They are actually playing nasty defense and appear to be in better condition that past McD squads.

I honestly expect McD to win, but it isn’t too suprising to see the hometown paper give the hometown team a good review. I’ve seen them play this year and they play well, but they’ve played some pretty suspect teams. The teams they’ve played are 25-56 including a team that hasn’t won yet and most of the teams aren’t even over .500. I’m not saying State High is going to get it done. But they’ll be the best team McD has played this season, and they haven’t played a game that has been close yet. That could work in the Lions favor. I think that’s why it’ll be important to get out to the game. A crowd wont win a game for a team, but they could atleast make it a lil hader to lose.

They haven’t played a close game yet because they’re a legitimate State Championship caliber team, much more so than when McCoy was a junior.

I brought up the Central Dauphin comparison for a reason. State College lost to CD. McD killed CD before halftime. State High has got to play a hell of a game just to put up a fight.

But hey, as a CD football alum, there’s nothing I’d like to see more than McDevitt lose.

[quote="NGameday, post:13, topic:140"]I'm not saying State High is going to get it done. But they'll be the best team McD has played this season, and they haven't played a game that has been close yet.[/quote]

They haven’t played a close game yet because they’re a legitimate State Championship caliber team, much more so than when McCoy was a junior.

I brought up the Central Dauphin comparison for a reason. State College lost to CD. McD killed CD before halftime. State High has got to play a hell of a game just to put up a fight.

But hey, as a CD football alum, there’s nothing I’d like to see more than McDevitt lose.

Fair enough, but State High didn’t have their starting QB for that game. If that’s worth anything. All in all I agree, I just dont think the transitive theory works here anymore than it does for anyother sport. But I know where you’re coming from.

and for what it’s worth when BcD played here when they had McCoy and played here they won 34-26 in the 3rd best high school game I’ve ever been to. We ended up going 7-4 that year