PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Start checking your spice cabinets

Are you “mysteriously” running out of nutmeg? Well start checking your kids for baggies of nutmeg.

Nutmeg High

I found this story linked on msn and it’s so crazy I thought I’d share. It’s like the family guy episode were all the kids are doing toad (licking poisonous toads). The crazy part is if you take in enough of the stuff it will have an effect.

Never knew that nutmeg could do that to you. I’ll remember not to consume a whole lot of it.

[quote=“byake, post:1, topic:1595”]Are you “mysteriously” running out of nutmeg? Well start checking your kids for baggies of nutmeg.

Nutmeg High

I found this story linked on msn and it’s so crazy I thought I’d share. It’s like the family guy episode were all the kids are doing toad (licking poisonous toads). The crazy part is if you take in enough of the stuff it will have an effect.[/quote]

The “nutmeg high” reaches the peak about seven hours after consumption.

I’ve found it works much quicker if I just sprinkle it liberally on top of my holiday eggnog. ;D

[quote="byake, post:1, topic:1595"]Are you "mysteriously" running out of nutmeg? Well start checking your kids for baggies of nutmeg.

Nutmeg High

I found this story linked on msn and it’s so crazy I thought I’d share. It’s like the family guy episode were all the kids are doing toad (licking poisonous toads). The crazy part is if you take in enough of the stuff it will have an effect.[/quote]

The “nutmeg high” reaches the peak about seven hours after consumption.

I’ve found it works much quicker if I just sprinkle it liberally on top of my holiday eggnog. ;D

Yeah I prefer it that way as well, but none of that sissy grocery store stuff. :smiley:

So is Dramamine® in large quantities.

I can see it now, after a couple of idiots try injecting nutmeg, there will be lawsuits against McCormick and others.

crap! i keep my nutmeg next to my lysol. :wink:

So we’ll soon need a prescription to buy spices? Or maybe we’ll have to show our driver’s license at the pharmacy counter. And we’ll be limited to a certain amount per month.

Also the off the rack variety will be Myristicin free which you know won’t be as good. :wink: