OT: Sasa watch

Kidcoyote and I have a meal/giftcard at Hooters wagered on Sasa’s scoring average. The cutoff is 11 PPG, I have the under, he has 11 and the over.

So far…

2 games; 8 points

should have: 22 points

22 - 8 = -14 off total

Sasa needs to score 25 in his next game to get back on track.

11 PPG? Jeez. Half of that would be fair.

Between this and the Curry bet you’ve got your self a nice weekend on your hands. Kid, can I have some of this action. I’ll take the under on 10.5 ppg and bet you 2 meals to your one.

[quote=“Skeeza, post:1, topic:268”]Kidcoyote and I have a meal/giftcard at Hooters wagered on Sasa’s scoring average. The cutoff is 11 PPG, I have the under, he has 11 and the over.

So far…

2 games; 8 points

22 - 8 = -14 off total

Sasa needs to score 25 in his next game to get back on track.[/quote]

You may want to check the pm’s we exchanged a couple months back on the over/under. It’s 10. Still not good, but IMO, Sasa will get more playing time going forward.

PSU was outscored in the paint last night by RMU, 25-24. Of the 24, 8 were split by Battle and Sasa, who combined only played 36 minutes. Of the remaining 164 minutes, only 16 points in the paint. The Penn game was worse, as sans Battle, only 8 baskets inside the arc(Battle had 9 baskets inside). As we play tougher teams, Sasa will have to play due to his knack for inside scoring. I hope you don’t think Babb will shoot 5-9 and Tim 4-5 from the arc every game. The team won’t win without points in the paint, not against good teams. Nobody provides them quicker than him. His D looks pretty poor, but some others not great. I recently predicted he’ll lead the team in shooting percentage(after SRU game) and he’ll be 1st or second in FT percentage. SC, Miami and Temple will provide some tough comp. Temple lost by a point to 20th ranked Georgetown tonight. RMU ran out of gas. Not sure what happened, but I think that pressing D just wore them out. If SC, Miami and Temple can keep their legs, we’ll have to score inside, IMO.

Kid, I like what you bring, but… At least you put your money behind your statements.

[quote=“Skeeza, post:1, topic:268”]Kidcoyote and I have a meal/giftcard at Hooters wagered on Sasa’s scoring average. The cutoff is 11 PPG, I have the under, he has 11 and the over.

So far…

2 games; 8 points

22 - 8 = -14 off total

This sounds like the bet I made with my buddy that my Raiders would have more wins than his Cowboys. Very bad bet on my behalf but I thought Jamarcus would be better in year 3.

I think I’m dead on Sasa, but not Curry, so I’ll break even if I’m right. Curry’s going to have a bustout game(s). I do bet Sasa averages 6-7, but that might be it.

Look at Jennings. His last 3 games he’s had 25, 32 and 55, for an average of 37. Yet, he’s only averaging 25, so before the last 3 he was probably at 15-18 ppg. Not that Curry will average 37 over 3 games, but he’s going to score some in the 20’s, and that’ll rattle skeeza. On Sasa, give him 20 minutes and he’ll average double digits. If you include the SRU game(I know it doesn’t count but he got minutes)he’s got 18 points in 34-35 minutes of play. He’s the best inside scorer on the team. Too many guys shooting 3’s. They dropped last night, but won’t always. Need to have inside option, and IMO, he’s it. If he could only play D… :wink: I love when he’s in the game. He’s so predictable, but tough to stop, and he gets to the line so often.

I dont see Sasa getting more than 10 a game. I think if he has the min he could do it, I just dont see him getting that sort of time.

You may be right. Looks that way, but if he gets a chance, you never know. In 27 minutes last night, DJ had 2 baskets, 1 a trey. Brooks much better. We’ll see.

I’ve made some dumb predictions, like 2 dunks per game, but I’d bet that PSU loses every game where they’re outscored in the paint, and they win every game they score more in the paint. I won’t win them all, but I’ll win a majority of those bets. IMO, just the way it works. What better way to score in the paint than to use a guy who almost always scores in the paint, and gets to the line? I did predict a lot of 3 guard offense, like we saw last night(and like we saw last year), and this is due to bigger squad having trouble putting up points. I expected it, but would rather see inside points, as they’re higher percentage shots, and they open up the outside. Can’t wait to see Edwards.

[quote="Skeeza, post:1, topic:268"]Kidcoyote and I have a meal/giftcard at Hooters wagered on Sasa's scoring average. The cutoff is 11 PPG, I have the under, he has 11 and the over.

So far…

2 games; 8 points

22 - 8 = -14 off total

You may want to check the pm’s we exchanged a couple months back on the over/under. It’s 10. Still not good, but IMO, Sasa will get more playing time going forward.

PSU was outscored in the paint last night by RMU, 25-24. Of the 24, 8 were split by Battle and Sasa, who combined only played 36 minutes. Of the remaining 164 minutes, only 16 points in the paint. The Penn game was worse, as sans Battle, only 8 baskets inside the arc(Battle had 9 baskets inside). As we play tougher teams, Sasa will have to play due to his knack for inside scoring. I hope you don’t think Babb will shoot 5-9 and Tim 4-5 from the arc every game. The team won’t win without points in the paint, not against good teams. Nobody provides them quicker than him. His D looks pretty poor, but some others not great. I recently predicted he’ll lead the team in shooting percentage(after SRU game) and he’ll be 1st or second in FT percentage. SC, Miami and Temple will provide some tough comp. Temple lost by a point to 20th ranked Georgetown tonight. RMU ran out of gas. Not sure what happened, but I think that pressing D just wore them out. If SC, Miami and Temple can keep their legs, we’ll have to score inside, IMO.

The site only saves the pms recieved, not sent. I didn’t see it, but I pretty sure you’re right. I thought it was 10 or 11. The Curry wager, with the non-round ppg threw me.

The minutes you mentioned is the reason I didn’t think Sasa would get 10 ppg. For a true freshman in the BIG TEN, you need to be the undisputed starter from Day 1, or just stopping in for a year on the way tot he NBA, to score 10 ppg your very first year.

I thought it used to save the sent, too, before the crash/rebuild but I have not been able to fnd out how to make it do that again, even with 45 seconds of meticulous searching for it a week or so ago when it occurred to me to look. Does anyone else remember if it used to save sent PMs?

[quote="Skeeza, post:10, topic:268"]The site only saves the pms recieved, not sent.[/quote]

I thought it used to save the sent, too, before the crash/rebuild but I have not been able to fnd out how to make it do that again, even with 45 seconds of meticulous searching for it a week or so ago when it occurred to me to look. Does anyone else remember if it used to save sent PMs?

You have to change your defaults (the default is to not save sent PMs). Go to Profile, Personal Message Options, and check the box to save a copy in your outbox. Once you do that, you get an Outbox in the Personal Messages sidebar.

That bet is so one-sided, I think in all fairness, you should give kid 8 per game from here on out just to make it a little bit interesting. I agree that I think that Sasa will be something before he leaves. Reaching a Suton type ceiling in year 4 is not out of the question, just depends all on his work ethic, but I agree with kid that Sasa has a BBall IQ that only comes from learning the game the right way from Day 1.

As for this year, he is going to average about 4-6 minutes per game. Jones and Ott will play all 40 minutes at the center spot. Between Brooks and DJ, they are going to get the majority minutes at the four, with Sasa and Miller potentially battling for those 4-8 minutes per game when one of the two of DJ/Brooks aren’t at that 4 position.

[quote=“Cletus11, post:14, topic:268”]That bet is so one-sided, I think in all fairness, you should give kid 8 per game from here on out just to make it a little bit interesting. I agree that I think that Sasa will be something before he leaves. Reaching a Suton type ceiling in year 4 is not out of the question, just depends all on his work ethic, but I agree with kid that Sasa has a BBall IQ that only comes from learning the game the right way from Day 1.

As for this year, he is going to average about 4-6 minutes per game. Jones and Ott will play all 40 minutes at the center spot. Between Brooks and DJ, they are going to get the majority minutes at the four, with Sasa and Miller potentially battling for those 4-8 minutes per game when one of the two of DJ/Brooks aren’t at that 4 position.[/quote]

I assume you mean Oliver not Miller.

[quote=“Cletus11, post:14, topic:268”]That bet is so one-sided, I think in all fairness, you should give kid 8 per game from here on out just to make it a little bit interesting. I agree that I think that Sasa will be something before he leaves. Reaching a Suton type ceiling in year 4 is not out of the question, just depends all on his work ethic, but I agree with kid that Sasa has a BBall IQ that only comes from learning the game the right way from Day 1.

As for this year, he is going to average about 4-6 minutes per game. Jones and Ott will play all 40 minutes at the center spot. Between Brooks and DJ, they are going to get the majority minutes at the four, with Sasa and Miller potentially battling for those 4-8 minutes per game when one of the two of DJ/Brooks aren’t at that 4 position.[/quote]

Thanks Cletus. I’ll get him on the Curry bet, so we’ll be even(hopefully). I think Sasa will get more minutes than 4-6, but only more than 10 if the other forwards have trouble. I think the real question is whether they go 3 guard like last year, Battle, Babb, Frazier if the forwards have trouble, or whether another forward. Of course, Edwards will take minutes.

That bet is so one-sided, I think in all fairness, you should give kid 8 per game from here on out just to make it a little bit interesting. I agree that I think that Sasa will be something before he leaves. Reaching a Suton type ceiling in year 4 is not out of the question, just depends all on his work ethic, but I agree with kid that Sasa has a BBall IQ that only comes from learning the game the right way from Day 1.

As for this year, he is going to average about 4-6 minutes per game. Jones and Ott will play all 40 minutes at the center spot. Between Brooks and DJ, they are going to get the majority minutes at the four, with Sasa and Miller potentially battling for those 4-8 minutes per game when one of the two of DJ/Brooks aren’t at that 4 position.

Miller’s redshirting, isn’t he? :wink:

Maybe he means Oliver Miller…or…Oliver Hardy :stuck_out_tongue:

Do kids these days know Oliver Hardy?

[quote="Cletus11, post:14, topic:268"]That bet is so one-sided, I think in all fairness, you should give kid 8 per game from here on out just to make it a little bit interesting. I agree that I think that Sasa will be something before he leaves. Reaching a Suton type ceiling in year 4 is not out of the question, just depends all on his work ethic, but I agree with kid that Sasa has a BBall IQ that only comes from learning the game the right way from Day 1.

Miller’s redshirting, isn’t he? :wink:

He’ll get minutes at Miller Time. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Skeeza, post:1, topic:268”]Kidcoyote and I have a meal/giftcard at Hooters wagered on Sasa’s scoring average. The cutoff is 10 PPG, I have the under, he has 11 and the over.

So far…

2 games; 8 points

should have: 20 points

20 - 8 = -12 off total

Sasa needs to score 22 in his next game to get back on track.[/quote]

Well, with the season over, we can put this one to rest.

Sasa ended up scoring 32 points in 18 games.

But, here’s an interesting factiod:

10-8 … Penn State’s record in games which Sasa played in
1-12 … Penn State’s record in games which Sasa did not play in

…coincidence?