OT: Reminder women's NCAA Sweet Sixteen VB

Just a reminder that the gals go up against Florida in Gainesville tonight at 6 pm. The game will be streamed via free All-Access available at GoPSUSports.

NCAA Playoff Rounds 1 & 2 Highlights

Gotta play Fla in Gainsville? Not like we’re a top seed or anything??? ???

I never heard any Penn State fan show sympathy for any teams that had to come to Rec Hall and play us in the past so now’s not the time to complain.

The alternatives would be worse. We could be facing #11 Minnesota in Minneapolis, #10 Nebraska in Omaha, or #4 Stanford in Palo Alto. We got the easiest draw in #16 Fla.

Rolling over Florida - up 2-0 at break - and they weren’t close. I have to leave so I won’t be reporting the final but they look unbeatable.

The announcers are from Florida and there were a couple of priceless comments by them. On one kill, the announcer says “Brown goes up and slams one down the line OVER the Florida blockers… OH MY”.

At the break they interviewed the Florida coach and she said “They are as advertised. We just didn’t do a good job preparing them for the speed of Penn State. I’ll have to talk to our male practice players because they just didn’t man up enough.”

Here’s the recap

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-volley/recaps/121109aaa.html