PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Ranking Top 10 Upsets from Saturday

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Ranking-the-10-biggest-upsets-from-Saturday-s-su;_ylt=AoC3blKfhsYwxG.wwfnTaSPevbYF?urn=ncaab-305175

1. Penn State 66, Michigan State 62 As surprising as Michigan State's four non-conference losses were, at least each of those came against quality opponents. A Penn State team that will finish in the bottom four of the Big Ten beat the Spartans on the boards, out-hustled them to loose balls and took advantage of 10 of 20 Michigan State free throw shooting to emerge with a shocking upset.

Michigan State’s No. 2 preseason ranking was predicated on the talent the Spartans returned from a Final Four team, but perhaps we should have paid more attention to how up-and-down the program was in the regular season last year. It’s that squad that has shown up again this season, not the one that won four straight in the NCAA tournament.
Concern Level: High

[quote=“noobd, post:1, topic:1750”]http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Ranking-the-10-biggest-upsets-from-Saturday-s-su;_ylt=AoC3blKfhsYwxG.wwfnTaSPevbYF?urn=ncaab-305175

[quote]1. Penn State 66, Michigan State 62
As surprising as Michigan State’s four non-conference losses were, at least each of those came against quality opponents. A Penn State team that will finish in the bottom four of the Big Ten beat the Spartans on the boards, out-hustled them to loose balls and took advantage of 10 of 20 Michigan State free throw shooting to emerge with a shocking upset.

Michigan State’s No. 2 preseason ranking was predicated on the talent the Spartans returned from a Final Four team, but perhaps we should have paid more attention to how up-and-down the program was in the regular season last year. It’s that squad that has shown up again this season, not the one that won four straight in the NCAA tournament.
Concern Level: High [/quote][/quote]

Bottom four of the Big Ten psh what are they smoking? :smiley:

I still go back to what I said before the season started: I think we’ll be able to finish 7th in the conference.

I don’t know about placement, but that preseason 6.5 O/U B10 wins is looking about right. Gotta think PSU beats Iowa, Northwestern once, Minnesota once, Michigan maybe. Thats right around 6 or 7.