PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Random Appearance

Why is the BJC featured in Nike’s new basketball commercial (first five seconds). As far as I know, there will be basketball played there this season.

Nikebasketball - Basketball Never Stops

This is right up there with Jamelle Cornley in Beaver Stadium doing that NFL films introduction for the ‘A Football Life’ series.

If you squint real hard, you can see Chevy Troutman at the corner of the arena :slight_smile:

[quote=“eric17, post:1, topic:2767”]Why is the BJC featured in Nike’s new basketball commercial (first five seconds). As far as I know, there will be basketball played there this season.

This is right up there with Jamelle Cornley in Beaver Stadium doing that NFL films introduction for the ‘A Football Life’ series.[/quote]

What makes you sure it is the BJC?

What is with the Jamelle photo?

I’m pretty sure that it isn’t.

What makes you sure it is the BJC?

I’m pretty sure that it isn’t.

Yeah, on second look, I’d have to say I was mistaken. Curious what arena it really is, because it’s near identical to the BJC (including the new scoreboard).

[quote=“eric17, post:1, topic:2767”]Why is the BJC featured in Nike’s new basketball commercial (first five seconds). As far as I know, there will be basketball played there this season.

This is right up there with Jamelle Cornley in Beaver Stadium doing that NFL films introduction for the ‘A Football Life’ series.[/quote]

First thing that strikes me is that the seats in the BJC are blue, those ones are brown. The second is the positions of the luxury suites. The BJC boxes are immediately to the left and right as you come in the tunnel to the lower seats, are the boxes are open. The video is different

Why is the BJC featured in Nike's new basketball commercial (first five seconds). As far as I know, there will be basketball played there this season.

This is right up there with Jamelle Cornley in Beaver Stadium doing that NFL films introduction for the ‘A Football Life’ series.

First thing that strikes me is that the seats in the BJC are blue, those ones are brown. The second is the positions of the luxury suites. The BJC boxes are immediately to the left and right as you come in the tunnel to the lower seats, are the boxes are open. The video is different

The scoreboard is different too. But I do think they are about to lay down a basketball court so I guess you could say it’s close. ;D

99 percent sure that’s the Ford Center in OKC, which would also mesh nicely with Durant being prominently featured in the spot.

Ford Center:

[quote=“Tom, post:10, topic:2767”]Ford Center:

[/quote]
Ford Center looks to be the right one. If you look at the court in the bottom right you can see the Thunder blue on the court.

BTW I love when Nike and Jordan makes commercials, they’re always so good. I just do not get why they are not always on television. (personal favorite)
Michael Jordan Commercial - ‘Tell Me’