OT: PSU vs OSU

Pryor > Clark

Galen Hall is awful at what he does.

The offensive line couldn’t block for Pop Warner football.

/end rant.

Galen is good.

It’s not the Xs and Os, it’s the Jimmies and Joes.

I was talking to a fellow alum in NC who was fortunate enough to have Wake Forest (where he teaches) on both the ABC affiliate and ESPN, so he wanted an assessment. I said at halftime that I would bet on OSU. We were playing fairly even but they were a tad more explosive.

They had the explosion and then the air went out of our tires.

The slightly better team won.

[quote=“noobd, post:1, topic:202”]Pryor > Clark

/end rant.[/quote]

Please…I’m not even going to respond to this. Pryor had a better game, that doens’t make him better.

Clark is morphing into Anthony Morelli in big situations.

Hes a very good player against mediocre and bad opposition. He crumbles in the crunch. I really cant wait to see what PSU gets out of the next crop of 3 stud QBs.

Ok, you’ve crossed the line.

Lets just take this to FOS, I’m excited about basketball and as bumed as anybody that we lost tonight, lets just keep it bball cause this thread has potential to go on forever.

I agree Gameday. Anyway it’s really felt like a non-season for the football team. Crappy non-conference schedule that felt like a glorified preseason. And a Big Ten season with very little excitement, especially in the very few games that mattered. Now they finish their season with Indiana and Michigan State, wake me up when it’s over.

The Big Ten football season as a whole has been a big disappointment outside of the excitement that all the Iowa close calls brought to the table.

Can’t wait until the real Big Ten season starts…the basketball season ;D

[quote=“noobd, post:1, topic:202”]Pryor > Clark

/end rant.[/quote]

Give us Pryor and them Clark and I don’t think you see any difference on the scoreboard. Hall has done a nice job the last several years, however you’re playcalling is only as good as your offensive line, and we just couldn’t block OSU. However I’m thinking that their defensive might also deserve a little bit of the credit. This is a really weird season, we’ll likely be sitting at 10-2 heading into the Capital One Bowl and yet I’ll have no idea how good we really are. Wisconsin would have been a good measuring stick for us, however it’s pretty clear to me that we’re a notch above the other 7 teams in the conference (outside of Iowa, Wisky, and OSU).

Lets just take this to FOS, I'm excited about basketball and as bumed as anybody that we lost tonight, lets just keep it bball cause this thread has potential to go on forever.

I agree Gameday. Anyway it’s really felt like a non-season for the football team. Crappy non-conference schedule that felt like a glorified preseason. And a Big Ten season with very little excitement, especially in the very few games that mattered. Now they finish their season with Indiana and Michigan State, wake me up when it’s over.

The Big Ten football season as a whole has been a big disappointment outside of the excitement that all the Iowa close calls brought to the table.

Can’t wait until the real Big Ten season starts…the basketball season ;D

I mostly agree with this…except for the part about taking it to FightOnState…you know, where every post is "Bench Clark, play Newsome, et al. Plus, I think us basketball followers know more about realistic expectations and that Penn State isn’t going to go 12-0 every year…and it’s not easily attributable to the quarterback/head coach when they lost games. So, it’s sometimes fun to talk football, or more in my case, read about football over here.

But anyway, this has just been a weird football season from my perspective. Maybe I wasn’t as fired up for it because so much of my Penn State fan energy was used up during the NIT run that carried us into the spring. Heck, I skipped the Blue/White game for the first time in years because I’d tapped out a lot of my “fun” bank account with the Big Ten tourney/NIT.

I, in a prediction that no one but my wife heard, said I thought the football team would go 10-2 this year…mostly because of an inexperienced offensive line. That’s exactly what we’re seeing…but even if Penn State does get to 10 wins, it just feels so hollow with the horrible schedule/level of Big Ten play. I’ve been trying to think of a year in my Penn State fandom lifetime that compares. 2002, at least you had the LJ2K subplot. 05/06 compares, but I still feel like this team is better than those two. Maybe 1998?

Oh well, adding to my malaise is probably that I haven’t been able to attend many games this year…most frustrating that I can’t go this coming weekend. Senior Day is always one of my favorite weekends and, this year, would have been coupled with getting to see a home basketball game (something I try to make the 1,000 mile round trip to do at least once a year).

Yep…let’s talk more hoops.

Clark with 2 INTs in the first quarter already. Way to go big guy!