PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: PSU gets a commit from a WIlliamsport Kid

Rachel Fatherly - top seed in both Discus and Shot at this weekends state track meet commits to PSU. Great family. Brothers were football players. Good for Rachel.

http://www.sungazette.com/page/content.detail/id/578607/Fatherly-signs-with-Penn-State.html?nav=5023

In addition to football, Sam was also awesome at basketball. Pretty athletic family.

I think Sam may have played on the 1999 state champs hoops team. Chevy Troutman, another post player who was 6-9, and three point guards so they rarely had to worry about foul trouble.

Yep - derick slaughter, mohammad cannon, justin holt, and taurence johnson (who at one point was rated higher as a prospect than Chevy due to being 6-9 with perimeter skills) started with chevy, and 6-5 do it all jeremiah washington (who now coaches i think and might be related to isaiah…total guess) and i think sam came off the bench. Sam might have started in place of slaughter or holt. Man they were good.

Coach Dunn liked Johnson better, but his staff liked Chevy but never really pushed the Prop 48 thing, which like JUCOs, seemed unthinkable at the time.