OT: PSU Football

At 8 wins, I already feel like we are playing with house money from here on in. Nobody will remember the scores for as long as they remember we made the final four – remember the scores two years ago when OSU pounded Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon? If we can win the next two and get to play Wisconsin, I’d already be out of my mind with excitement. Anything else from there is just more bonus money. I’d love to see what coach Moorhead can come up with given a solid month to prepare for 'Bama. Maybe we won’t get crushed as badly as we are thinking.

I have a pretty clear memory of this, though!

Ha, funnily enough I didn’t remember that at all. Probably because I don’t watch CFB unless it’s Penn State related.

[quote="mjg, post:8321, topic:1119"]I'd love to see what coach Moorhead can come up with given a solid month to prepare for 'Bama. Maybe we won't get crushed as badly as we are thinking.[/quote]

I’d rather play the game and have a chance to pull off the shocker than play another relatively meaningless game. Remember the Fiesta Bowl against Miami? Who gave us a chance then? Remember a few weeks ago against OSU? What was the line for that?

I’ll take my chances.

We are having conversations about the football team that even I, the eternal optimist, did not expect to be having this soon. The steak seems to be matching the sizzle earlier than many expected, including me. Go get 'em, boys!

Yeah, we are getting more excitement than expected for sure. But this conversation is still getting way ahead of ourselves. We are depleted up front. And we know where that takes us. If we can get Mahon and McGovern back, I think we can manage. If not, I have much less confidence.

[quote="mjg, post:8321, topic:1119"]I'd love to see what coach Moorhead can come up with given a solid month to prepare for 'Bama. Maybe we won't get crushed as badly as we are thinking.[/quote]

I’d rather play the game and have a chance to pull off the shocker than play another relatively meaningless game. Remember the Fiesta Bowl against Miami? Who gave us a chance then? Remember a few weeks ago against OSU? What was the line for that?

I’ll take my chances.

I like Golic’s comment below.

Keep in mind, that at almost 6’8", Kuntz is a really good hoops player. He could be the inside player that we need. He may be one of the best post players in PA in the junior class. He has outplayed Sean Goode from Trinity in each of their 3 matchups last year.

Joe Moorhead getting a lot of well-deserved props from national folks, but this is the offense Franklin has always wanted to run. He deserves the credit, too.

I don’t think we’ve seen the full Moorhead offense yet, either

Is it similar to the Full Monty?

[youtube]drew carey full monty

Houston doing PSU a bit of a favor at the moment. They are hammering Louisville 31-0 approaching halftime. A Houston win would eliminate any chance that Louisville has of claiming a national championship playoff spot of a Penn State team with a Big Ten championship in their pocket (personally I think a Big Ten champ PSU bumps Louisville any way but this would make it a no brainer).

Who can believe this season …, that we’re in this conversation is unbelievable.

Louisville has awakened. Still down 31-7 but in the red zone late in the third.

Houston has the second coming of Mike Reid in true freshman nose tackle Ed Oliver.

Houston spanks Louisville 36-10.

I’m reminded every year of how people get so bent out of shape when the college football playoff rankings come out the first week of November. I always tell those people to come back and complain to me the 1st of December, when still nothing is decided.

So going off of this week’s rankings…

1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Michigan - need to lose to Ohio State for PSU to even sniff a playoff.
  4. Clemson
  5. Louisville - gone
  6. Washington - still has Wazzu in Apple Cup and Pac 12 title game in which to slip up.
  7. Wisconsin
  8. Penn State

I now have to believe that the winner of the Big Ten title game will get that fourth spot. If it all falls Penn State’s way, then I will wake up in my own bed on December 31st and get into my own car and drive the 15 minutes down to the Georgia Dome to see them play Alabama.

What was once just a pipe dream, is now looking more real by the day.

Like tjb noted…the fact that we’re still in the conversation on November 18th is just plain unbelievable.

It really is crazy. Lots of moving parts still but I think Illini hit most of them.

Let’s just hope we take care of business on our end and don’t have any slip ups the next two weeks. Would be heartbreaking now that so much is within reach.

Need OSU to win, absolutely have to have it. I think they will. Would be nice if Washington just lost to WSU and got out of the picture too.

That would almost have to setup play-in game between Wisconsin and PSU in the B10 Title game.

Of course who knows what happens if Clemson slips up again, or if Michigan beats OSU. I can’t even wrap my head around those scenarios.

Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers, Rutgers. That’s all I want to talk about right now. Franklin said the team was sloppy in practice on Wednesday. This is a pretty young team that needs to stay focused on each step or they will fall off the ladder.

No question we could lose either of these next two games.