PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: PSU Football

[quote="jyd, post:8297, topic:1119"]Question: what the (bad word) was that Tommy Stevens run? Good lord - what a dynamic offense.[/quote]

I really wish Tommy would get more reps at QB. He seems pretty happy at PSU though.

Tommy Stevens on Twitter: "Love this team and love this community. Back to work today. #WeAre"

Another gamer QB. He, like McSorley, looks completely fearless running the ball. Very talented young men.

This team is quickly becoming an all time favorite. The mannequin challenge they posted is incredible. I’ve seen a half dozen or so. None are close to this.

Pretty good win for the Nits today. Iowa hanging in there with Michigan in the 4th.

Wow… Iowa wins. If OSU beats Michigan in the final week of the season, and PSU can take care of Rutgers/MSU, we would play in the Big10 Championship. How crazy is this season turning out to be

Game on.

Teams ranked ahead of PSU, Clemson, Washington, Michigan, Auburn, and Texas A&M all lost today so PSU should move up a couple of spots in the College Football Playoff Rankings.

One-half of one national championship since 1948. Michigan remains the most overrated college sports program in the history of college sports. Gotta love it.

My son kept laughing at me, when after PSU beat OSU, I told him that all we needed was a Michigan loss at Iowa (“strange things happen in Big Ten night games”…I reminded him as well). Well, just watched the game winning FG with my son, who finally believed something that his Old Man has told him.

Not to mention that their loss at Pitt, just became less of an eyesore

Well Penn State’s path to the Big Ten championship game unexpectedly got a lot clearer

Getting there is not in our control, but if we get there and win it, do we get in the playoff with 2 Ls?

If we can’t get that O line healthy though, this is all just dreaming. Need big Mc to get healthy too. I think no threat of the read option took the running game back to sept. Did he take some shots throwing the ball though. One tough dude.

So we play at 0-7 Rutgers next, and are home against 1-6 MSU to finish. Couldn’t ask for a better scenario there, even the idea of looking past either of them seems unlikely to me now that we have our eyes on the prize of a big ten championship.

If we could win those and UM did lose to OSU, looks like we’d play with Wisconsin or Nebraska in a BTT game? Won’t get ahead of myself, but that would be so incredible for these players/coaches/fans after the last 5 years.

Well Penn State's path to the Big Ten championship game unexpectedly got a lot clearer
Getting there is not in our control, but if we get there and win it, [b]do we get in the playoff with 2 Ls? [/b]

If we can’t get that O line healthy though, this is all just dreaming. Need big Mc to get healthy too. I think no threat of the read option took the running game back to sept. Did he take some shots throwing the ball though. One tough dude.

Yes

Loving this season and a B!G championship would be huge, but put me down as rooting for the #5 seed in the final CFP ranking. #4 could end the season looking bad.

Gotta be ready these last two weeks.

Brandon Bell on BTN - fairly impressive dude. Always impressed when these kids do the TV thing with aplomb.

I have to agree. While its cool that we are #8, i don’t think that we are anywhere near that good without Nelson, Mahon, McGovern and Palmer.

McGovern will be back. The fact Franklin didn’t rule out Mahon is a good sign, too.

I’m kinda shocked that Michigan and Clemson are still in the top 4 since they both lost to unranked teams last weekend. I thought Louisville and possibly Washington would be in the top 4.

I would love it if we are in the playoff. I know we’d get slaughtered by Bama, but I’d rather be in the dance than not in it at all.