OT: PSU Athletics Website

Why does our athletics website use 1/3 of the page show nothing but white space and a tiny bit of Old Main? It looks embarrassingly bad, especially because that part of the page doesn’t move when you scroll down

http://www.gopsusports.com/

They’re hanging onto a browser/monitor resolution spec that is rapidly becoming outdated.

I’ve never really even noticed this until you pointed it out. It doesn’t look too bad at the top when it has the banner ad, but when you scroll down its more noticeable.

The basketball stats page doesn’t work well either. The right side of the stats, assists, steals, blocks, etc., is blocked out or cut off. You have to go to the lower stat tables, where they’re broken up, to get all the stats. It’s been like this for two years.

I haven’t seen this problem in like a year? I remember this happening last year, but I see the stats now the right way. Where are you looking, kid?

It looks like they’ve finally cleaned up the past season’s stats.

I do web stuff for a living. We’re currently designing at 1024x768. There are still a LOT of people out there (especially older laptops) with screens that size. Probably about a third of the users out there according to our stats servers. And at that resolution, the stuff on the right side doesn’t even show up.

[quote="Tom, post:2, topic:1151"]They're hanging onto a browser/monitor resolution spec that is rapidly becoming outdated.[/quote]

I do web stuff for a living. We’re currently designing at 1024x768. There are still a LOT of people out there (especially older laptops) with screens that size. Probably about a third of the users out there according to our stats servers. And at that resolution, the stuff on the right side doesn’t even show up.

So that explains the stats problem then? It would only be on some monitors?

[quote="Tom, post:2, topic:1151"]They're hanging onto a browser/monitor resolution spec that is rapidly becoming outdated.[/quote]

Sites should be designed to fit a minimum resolution, but liquid enough to fit finer resolutions, so the majority of users don’t suffer due to a rapidly declining minority.