PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Pre-game Player Introductions

Is there some NCAA rule requiring simultaneous play introductions, or are schools permitted to do it NBA-style, for lack of a better description?

All I know is that Jerry Dunn’s chicago bulls-ripoff intro show should be banned everywhere

[quote="Liebs1, post:1, topic:2497"]Is there some NCAA rule requiring simultaneous play introductions, or are schools permitted to do it NBA-style, for lack of a better description?[/quote]

All I know is that Jerry Dunn’s chicago bulls-ripoff intro show should be banned everywhere

I always thought UNLV invented that.

[quote="Liebs1, post:1, topic:2497"]Is there some NCAA rule requiring simultaneous play introductions, or are schools permitted to do it NBA-style, for lack of a better description?[/quote]

Nebraska does it for their football games.

Tons of schools and sports used the “Chicago Bulls intro”

I always thought that the Alan Parsons Project used it first.

Alan Parsons? Did we offer him?

I hope not. Clearly a project. Would definitely need to redshirt.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:7, topic:2497"]Alan Parsons? Did we offer him?[/quote]

I hope not. Clearly a project. Would definitely need to redshirt.

But the games people play these days, you’d need an eye in the sky to spot that kind of talent.

Well he is European…there May be A Price to Pay to recruit him. Is it Too Late to see if he wants to play in a Prime Time conf like the Big Ten?

http://youtu.be/tqos3j07jzc?t=49s

chicago bulls introduction

Minus the video, is this not exactly what Penn State does right now???

Penn State Nittany Lions Intro at Bryce Jordan Center vs. Minnesota

The lights are only dimmed, not off. I remember the day when they were the exact same (years ago, now that I think of it) - when did that stoop?