OT: Pitino to the Nets?

Some interesting rumors. One, that he contacted the Nets. Stay tuned.

The Nets are the worst team I’ve ever seen. They are 4-48. Seems like you should win 10% of you games just by accident. Why would Pitino have any interest in this train wreck? Unless they are a lock to win the King James sweepstakes, Rick (and any other coach) should stay as far away from this franchise as they can get. Finishing with such a bad record doesn’t even guarantee them the John Wall lottery pick.

It doesn’t look like the Louisville situation is that great. His wife might be embarassed to be in the local social circle after what happened. If you’re married, you might get it. My wife would either stab me, or do a Lorena Bobbitt. :wink: Coaching the Nets, as bad as it’d be, would be an improvement.

I agree that “you never know!” The wife “issue” would be big. Plus, he is not tearing up the BigEast like many locals would have hoped!

The Nets…well, UP is the only way to go!

$$$ maybe :wink:

[quote="mjg, post:2, topic:829"]The Nets are the worst team I've ever seen. They are 4-48. Seems like you should win 10% of you games just by accident. Why would Pitino have any interest in this train wreck? Unless they are a lock to win the King James sweepstakes, Rick (and any other coach) should stay as far away from this franchise as they can get. Finishing with such a bad record doesn't even guarantee them the John Wall lottery pick.[/quote]

It doesn’t look like the Louisville situation is that great. His wife might be embarassed to be in the local social circle after what happened. If you’re married, you might get it. My wife would either stab me, or do a Lorena Bobbitt. :wink: Coaching the Nets, as bad as it’d be, would be an improvement.

My body would never have been found.

He’s got more money than he could burn. I think he walked away from $12 million when he left the Celtics. And in Louisville, boosters got him into thoroughbreds(I think he owns 2 or 3 race horses). The wife thing and the record, then when the boosters see UK. Bad situation. He’s gotta have trouble sleeping. The pros are much more receptive and an easier place to hide. Isn’t Kelvin Sampson asst. coaching somewhere?

Pros are a hard place to win. Calipari and Pitino were both eaten alive in the pros. Can’t outrecruit in the pros, can’t have kids taking others’ SAT’s, can’t fudge transcripts, so it relies more on coaching and handling big egos, and those two, boy, clash with the players egos I’d guess.

I’m sure Mrs. Pitino isn’t attending many Louisville parties, high profile restaurants or KY Derbies much anymore. Can’t be much fun in a small town where people whisper about you all the time. They can hide in NYNJ behind the Yankees, Mets, Knicks, Giants, etc. Good place to start over.

Guess he closed the door on it. Click the “Latino” link. Just what I’d expect of Calipari.

Interesting comments by Pitino about the facilities to showcase when recruits visit. How does PSU stand up?

http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2010/02/rick_pitino_quite_definitively.html

[quote=“kidcoyote, post:8, topic:829”]Guess he closed the door on it. Click the “Latino” link. Just what I’d expect of Calipari.

Interesting comments by Pitino about the facilities to showcase when recruits visit. How does PSU stand up?

http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2010/02/rick_pitino_quite_definitively.html[/quote]

They were just remodeled so they hold their own now but they didn’t before.