Pegula Ice Arena

http://live.psu.edu/story/50867#nw1

Surprise Surprise Surprise

;D

I guess it can now unofficially be called “The Pegloo”

I guess it can now unofficially be called "The Pegloo"

Yes…definitely MUCH better than the PIA! ;D

“The Zadora”

Considering how he made his money, it can be named The Gashouse.

Damn. Thought this was about former Penn State field hockey player and Tavern waitress Pia Reyes (also Playboy’s Miss November 1988).

Especially for Dollar Dog nights! :wink:

[quote="jjepsu92, post:6, topic:1816"]Considering how he made his money, [b]it can be named The Gashouse.[/b][/quote]

That would be a cool nickname except I’d hate for any of our teams to be compared to the 1934 St. Louis Cardinals.

The Gashouse Gang was a nickname applied to the St. Louis Cardinals Major League Baseball team of 1934.[1]

The Cardinals, by most accounts, earned this nickname from the team’s generally very shabby appearance and rough-and-tumble tactics. An opponent once stated that the Cardinals players usually went into the field in unwashed, dirty and smelly uniforms, which alone spread horror among their rivals.

My all-time favorite baseball team… The Gashouse Gorillas, of the famous carrot league ;D

[quote="jjepsu92, post:6, topic:1816"]Considering how he made his money, [b]it can be named The Gashouse.[/b][/quote]

That would be a cool nickname except I’d hate for any of our teams to be compared to the 1934 St. Louis Cardinals.

The Gashouse Gang was a nickname applied to the St. Louis Cardinals Major League Baseball team of 1934.[1]

The Cardinals, by most accounts, earned this nickname from the team’s generally very shabby appearance and rough-and-tumble tactics. An opponent once stated that the Cardinals players usually went into the field in unwashed, dirty and smelly uniforms, which alone spread horror among their rivals.

Not a bad thing if your in the Frozen Four, i.e. playoff beards and hard checking. Not to mention the Gashouse Gang Cards were pretty freaking good (Dean Brothers, Burleigh Brimes, Ducky Medwick, Leo Durocher, Frankie Frisch).

Not a bad thing if your in the Frozen Four, i.e. playoff beards and hard checking. Not to mention the Gashouse Gang Cards were pretty freaking good (Dean Brothers, Burleigh Brimes, Ducky Medwick, Leo Durocher, Frankie Frisch).

Yeah, but I was talking just about being filthy and not showering. Wasn’t commenting on being good at their sport.

This thread reminds me of one of those search engine commercials that goes spinning out of control as people play the name game…

From Pia Zadora to Leo Durocher in one fell swoop. Wow. Then again Leo is “The Lip” and Pia has some nice lips, so there is some connection.

Speaking of lips…Louis Lipps, seeing that the Steelers are playing this Sunday.