PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Oregon's new floor

I hope this OT doesn’t ruffle any feathers ::slight_smile:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Oregon-s-crazy-new-basketball-floor-is-quintesse?urn=ncaab-283060

This is just too much.

begins slow-clap

That is hideous.

I like that

I like it!
Keep going “over the top”…until you are "at the top."
Sure worked for their football team.

P.S. Maybe our marketing people need to make a field trip. They might “learn” themselves something.

To me it looks like what what a sandwich sees right before getting pulled out of the brown bag and getting devoured. I had to look at it for a few seconds to figure out what the heck it was which for a basketball court, is absurd.

That’s fine, let them get complacent with the money Knight gives them but it won’t last forever.

That floor is more offensive than any recent OT thread.

Is Nike moving or something?

This has a Web Design feel to me written all over it. I realize Tinker Hatfield designed it, but if I didn’t know that I would have thought some 19 year old web designer did it.

Do I hate it?

Does a duck crap in the woods?

[quote="byake, post:7, topic:1459"]That's fine, let them get complacent with the money Knight gives them but it won't last forever.[/quote]

Is Nike moving or something?

Knight can’t live forever. Granted I’m sure he’ll leave a substantial endowment when he passes anyway.

I like it - it’s different, but so is Boise’s smurf-turf. It’ll draw some pub/attention, which is something we could use.

I give it a tentative thumbs up, qualifying it by saying I’d like to see it on TV before I give it my full UL seal of approval. ;D

[quote=“UncleLar, post:14, topic:1459”]I give it a tentative thumbs up, qualifying it by saying I’d like to see it on TV before I give it my full UL seal of approval. ;D

[/quote]

so you’re an underwriter, not an insider!

I’ve always had a liking to everything Oregon after traveling there about 20 times throughout the 90’s and early 2000’s, including hitting Eugene a number of times. It’s an awesome place/state with some crazy a$$ granola driven folks who don’t mind going against the tide.

I absolutely LOVE the floor. I’m not a big fan of the ugly green football uniforms, but the all-yellow Fighting Highlighters unis are the second best in college football.

I think the floor looks stupid. I mean, it is a basketball court after all. I just don’t like it. FTR, I am fairly ambivalent to the Oregon football uni’s, but I’ve grown to dislike the Boise State football field - it hurts my eyes to try to watch one of their games. And didn’t another team follow their lead by making a horrible red football field? Here’s hoping the Oregon basketball court doesn’t get other schools to start drawing junk on their courts.

I don’t know, I guess I’m a traditionalist when it comes to sports.

[quote=“blue2blue, post:17, topic:1459”]I think the floor looks stupid. I mean, it is a basketball court after all. I just don’t like it. FTR, I am fairly ambivalent to the Oregon football uni’s, but I’ve grown to dislike the Boise State football field - it hurts my eyes to try to watch one of their games. And didn’t another team follow their lead by making a horrible red football field? Here’s hoping the Oregon basketball court doesn’t get other schools to start drawing junk on their courts.

I don’t know, I guess I’m a traditionalist when it comes to sports.[/quote]

Can’t watch Boise State home games. One, the blue field hurts the eyes. Two, the games are usually ugly, since no one good, outside of Oregon State, will go to play them in Boise. Though if any of those games are close in the 4th quarter, I might be able to burn the retinas for a few minutes.

Eastern Washington has the red field. But you probably will never see them on national TV. So “if a tree falls in a forest…”

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/motion/2010/0925/ewash.jpg

[quote=“blue2blue, post:17, topic:1459”]I think the floor looks stupid. I mean, it is a basketball court after all. I just don’t like it. FTR, I am fairly ambivalent to the Oregon football uni’s, but I’ve grown to dislike the Boise State football field - it hurts my eyes to try to watch one of their games. And didn’t another team follow their lead by making a horrible red football field? Here’s hoping the Oregon basketball court doesn’t get other schools to start drawing junk on their courts.

I don’t know, I guess I’m a traditionalist when it comes to sports.[/quote]

Eastern Washington

What is it under the “O” at center court? It looks like Pi Alpha Pi.