PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: online Penn State Publication Store

Does anyone have any experience with the online Penn State Publication Store? I wanted to buy a few items and after being bounced the phones at the PSU Ath office I was told to use the online Penn State Publication Store.

So I placed an order the first week of Jan and my card was charged When I received the shipment, one item was missing and B/O was handwritten on the packing slip. Being a naive ass, I assumed that it meant it was back ordered and that I would receive it shortly.

Needless to say, it has yet to arrive.

After filling out their online customer service form twice with no response, and nothing in the spam filters I submitted a third today. I also stumbled across their online package tracking option and discovered that their status says that all items were shipped in one shipment.

Should I just write it off as money lost or should I try and plumb the depths of the BJC for answers?

[quote=“manatree, post:1, topic:1976”]Does anyone have any experience with the online Penn State Publication Store? I wanted to buy a few items and after being bounced the phones at the PSU Ath office I was told to use the online Penn State Publication Store.

So I placed an order the first week of Jan and my card was charged When I received the shipment, one item was missing and B/O was handwritten on the packing slip. Being a naive ass, I assumed that it meant it was back ordered and that I would receive it shortly.

After filling out their online customer service form twice with no response, and nothing in the spam filters I submitted a third today. I also stumbled across their online package tracking option and discovered that their status says that all items were shipped in one shipment.

Should I just write it off as money lost or should I try and plumb the depths of the BJC for answers?[/quote]

Don’t let them win. For no other reason than the BJC annoys me.

What did you order? I can’t imagine there’s anything that’d be on backorder.

[quote="manatree, post:1, topic:1976"]Does anyone have any experience with the online Penn State Publication Store? I wanted to buy a few items and after being bounced the phones at the PSU Ath office I was told to use the [url=http://store.cstv.com/store.cfm?dept_id=-202&sportCatID=53&store_id=351][b]online Penn State Publication Store.[/b][/url]

Should I just write it off as money lost or should I try and plumb the depths of the BJC for answers?[/quote]

Don’t let them win. For no other reason than the BJC annoys me.

As much as the BJC might annoy you, this problem doesn’t belong with them. They have nothing to do with the publications.

In this case, I’d take my battle right to the SID. The SID produces all these goodies and if the firm that they have contracted with for their product fulfillment isn’t getting the job done and has failed to acknowledge manatree’s concerns, the SID should know.

Um…in an attempt to avoid dogpiling, let’s just say that it was winter sports related.

I know part of the issue is that apparently the online store is based out of Owensboro Kentucky, or at least that is address on the packing slip. I’m not even sure it’s even teh SID’s fault at this point. Somedays I miss the old fashion paper order forms they used to send in the mail.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experience dealing with teh online pub store before I start scanning the Ath dept directory.

It may not be the SID’s fault, but it’s still their business that got screwed up.

Isn’t this the DoBO’s responsibility to clear up. :wink:

I’d probably call Dave Baker and voice your concerns. Seeing that he’s the Assistant AD in charge of Business Services, I’d think that something like this falls under his control.

Hmmm…guess what showed up in the mail this morning. Perhaps the Illuminati involved with this site pulled some strings? Or perhaps the envelope was manufactured by Sterling and messed up USPS’s handle.

Problem resolved, but I still think their lack or a reply for three weeks was bad form when the site says you’ll be contacted within 2 business days.