OT: Northern Iowa or MSU and why?

Folks,

I’m in a pool where we pick every game as it occurs. Greatest pool of all, cause regardless of what happens (Kansas, Syracuse losing) you’re never out of it.

Anyway, just a quick thought on tonight’s NI/MSU matchup and why would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nit’ini

MSU: Gaining the typical Izzo tournament steam. Hard to bet against them.
Northern Iowa: Just beat Kansas… Lucas will be out(?).

These games are so hard to predict, especially this one since I didn’t think either team would be here (Kansas vs. Maryland). If I had to put money on it, I’d probably bet UNI though.

Are you ahead of the pack? In the middle of the pack? If you are way behind, go the opposite way? ;D

Going with NI. If K. Lucas was playing I would go the other way.

[quote=“noobd, post:2, topic:1049”]MSU: Gaining the typical Izzo tournament steam. Hard to bet against them.
Northern Iowa: Just beat Kansas… Lucas will be out(?).

These games are so hard to predict, especially this one since I didn’t think either team would be here (Kansas vs. Maryland). If I had to put money on it, I’d probably bet UNI though.

Are you ahead of the pack? In the middle of the pack? If you are way behind, go the opposite way? ;D[/quote]

I’m in a position to just go with who I think is going to win. Not in the lead, but not too far back. My feeling is more people will be going with MSU, just because it’s MSU and they have a “5”, not a “9”, in front of their name. For that reason, I would go with MSU just to go with the tide. But if I wanted to make more of a splash, UNI is not a bad bet with the way they are playing. If I lose, then I’ll have to pick a bigger upset in a later round. Win and I can go the flow until the Final Four weekend.

That might be the general consensus. I didn’t get to see much of the Md/MSU game. Did Maryland’s comeback at the end have a lot to do with Lucas not being on the floor?

Tough call. MSU, but barely.

[quote="battlesway2, post:3, topic:1049"]Going with NI. If K. Lucas was playing I would go the other way.[/quote]

That might be the general consensus. I didn’t get to see much of the Md/MSU game. Did Maryland’s comeback at the end have a lot to do with Lucas not being on the floor?

Lucas went out with 2 mins to go in the 1st half. Sparty was up 16 with 12 mins to go in the game. I think the other guys took responsibility for building the lead and losing it. Just from watching them so much I think Lucas is so important to that team. He makes them go. Don’t get me wrong they are still a good team without him I just think he takes them up another level.

I think MSU will still have just enough to beat NI. Also, these lower seeded teams tend to crash after the first weekend. MSU will have had plenty of scouting and video time to prepare.

FWIW, I think MSU will win, but it will be close. That probably means UNI blows them out. :smiley:

MSU is -1… FWIW

I would go with MSU. If I had to win one game I would want Izzo as my coach. If Lucas were hurt yesterday I may say go with NI but Izzo has had a couple of days to gameplan and he did have to play without Kalin a couple of games this season because of injury.

Thanks to all who participated. Sounds like an overwhelming vote of confidence for Izzo and MSU.

Therefore NI (NittanyIllini) will go with NI (Northern Iowa) :smiley:

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:12, topic:1049”]Thanks to all who participated. Sounds like an overwhelming vote of confidence for Izzo and MSU.

Therefore NI (NittanyIllini) will go with NI (Northern Iowa) :D[/quote]
Are you my mother-in-law. She always asks our opinion and then does the total opposite. :slight_smile:

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:12, topic:1049"]Thanks to all who participated. Sounds like an overwhelming vote of confidence for Izzo and MSU.

Are you my mother-in-law. She always asks our opinion and then does the total opposite. :slight_smile:

Hah hah! My mother-in-law does the same thing. We must have the same mother-in-law. Wait a minute, my wife is an only child. So, you must be married to my wife, too, you bastard!!!

:wink:

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:12, topic:1049"]Thanks to all who participated. Sounds like an overwhelming vote of confidence for Izzo and MSU.

As a side story…

was watching “Deal or No Deal”.

Some younger woman was a contestant, her husband serving in Iraq was linked up via internet cam with his buddies sitting in the background. 4 cases were remaining. 4 values were $xx, $xxx, $75000, and $400000. Offer was $123,000. She asks him, “should we take the deal?” He looks dead into the camera and says, “TAKE THE DEAL”. She looks around a little and yells, “NO DEAL” while slamming the cover. She then asks him, “what case should I pick”? He says, “take number 11”. She looks around, and you guessed it, she says, “I’ll pick number 10”. They open the case, lo-and-behold there’s the $400K, bye-bye to the big offer. They show that guy on camera, he’s forcing a smile but you can see the smoke coming out of his ears. His buddies are sitting behind him with their mouths gaped open. Poor dude is going to simmer for a half year on the other side of the earth with his buddies ribbing him relentlessly.

…women… >:( :-X :’( :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Over 70% of the pool went with Northern Iowa over MSU. I shouldn’t have acted like your mother-in-law. :smiley: