PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: NHL

Great road trip! I’ve been a Pens fan forever so I might have to catch a Pens game there some day!
8)

[quote=“CAPPY, post:1, topic:4768”]Great road trip! I’ve been a Pens fan forever so I might have to catch a Pens game there some day!
8)

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/745719406127366144[/quote]

Wonder what their mascot will be. The Lady Lucks? The Las Vegas Vivas?

They have already had a professional basketball team there called the Runnin’ Rebels, so maybe they’ll use that for hockey, too,

Bill Foley, the majority owner, is a graduate of West Point. He has already chosen the color combination of black, gray and gold – similar to Army. And he seems like he really wants to use the same nickname – Black Knights. League ownership has to approve the colors and name, but for $500 million, he will likely get what he wants unless there is a legitimate legal reason to vote against. The league apparently only asked that he steer away from the gambling aspect of Vegas when coming up with name, logo, colors, etc.

Dang. That does away with some of my favorite names…

• The Las Vegas Parlays
  • The Sin City SuperTeasers
  • The Vegas Vigs

:wink:

The Vegas Craps?

My wife suggested the Slots. I commented that would work better for a women’s team. That didn’t go over too well. :-[

Do you think you will be able to play Keeno from your seat while watching the games? 8)

Well a previous expansion team was the Minnesota North Stars, now the Dallas Stars. I smell an A&E networks sponsorship deal creating the Las Vegas Pawn Stars.

If it was the 1960s, I’d call them the Las Vegas Knuckles.

Cool! 8)

[quote=“CAPPY, post:11, topic:4768”]Cool! 8)

https://mobile.twitter.com/tdc_mhockey/status/747887944803942401[/quote]

Are they giving PSU season ticket holders first shot at tickets?

Do they get first crack at other Pegula Arena events?

[quote="mjg, post:12, topic:4768"]Are they giving PSU season ticket holders first shot at tickets?[/quote]

Have there been other events like this? We got first crack at the international game last year. But that was PSU hockey.

Penn State Men’s hockey season ticket holders will get first crack at tickets.

[quote="mjg, post:12, topic:4768"]Are they giving PSU season ticket holders first shot at tickets?[/quote]

Have there been other events like this? We got first crack at the international game last year. But that was PSU hockey.

Depends on what you mean by “like this”? This is the first NHL game but there have been ice shows at Pegula and season ticket holders got first crack at tickets.

Usually with season tickets, there is a list of benefits that will also include any ticket privledges for other events. FOr example, my Spikes Season Ticket benefits list includes “Season Ticket Holders get priority for purchase on all playoff games and special events.” Granted, to my knowledge, there have yet to be any special events, but should there ever be one, I would get priority.

Depends on what you mean by “like this”? This is the first NHL game but there have been ice shows at Pegula and season ticket holders got first crack at tickets.

b[/b] apparently I cut and forgot to paste

Usually with season tickets, there is a list of benefits that will also include any ticket privledges for other events. FOr example, my Spikes Season Ticket benefits list includes “Season Ticket Holders get priority for purchase on all playoff games and special events.” Granted, to my knowledge, there have yet to be any special events, but should there ever be one, I would get priority.

Large events of interest such as Ice Shows or NHL games. I sort of recall getting emails about ice shows, but didn’t care enough to look more closely. You answered MY question. Not sure if that took care of Tim A’s curiosity on the subject.

Large events of interest such as Ice Shows or NHL games. I sort of recall getting emails about ice shows, but didn’t care enough to look more closely. You answered MY question. Not sure if that took care of Tim A’s curiosity on the subject.

Season ticket holders get priority picks on single game ticket purchases, post season ticket purchases, and “special” event purchases. I’ve never seen anything that defines exactly what a “special event” is but so far they have included ice shows, games against international competition, and, now, the NHL hockey preseason game.

Too bad they couldn’t play one of the PA teams in the game. Though I don’t imagine it’ll have much trouble selling out.