OT: NFL Draft

I like the new format. Thursday night Prime Time, first round only.

The biggest winner in the draft was Detroit. No surprise with who they picked, but I think Suh may be the best D-Lineman to come into the league in the past few years.

Hindsight being 20/20, do you think St Louis would have taken Suh with the first pick if they knew Clausen would be avaialble in the second round?

[quote=“Skeeza, post:1, topic:1128”]I like the new format. Thursday night Prime Time, first round only.

The biggest winner in the draft was Detroit. No surprise with who they picked, but I think Suh may be the best D-Lineman to come into the league in the past few years.

Hindsight being 20/20, do you think St Louis would have taken Suh with the first pick if they knew Clausen would be avaialble in the second round?[/quote]

NO. QB is too important a position to take a “lesser choice” when your #1 guy is available. Plus who is to say any pro team likes Clausen? So far NO team has. He might just win the “Kiper Media Hype” award.
Personality I don’t know about Clausen. I haven’t seen him play much. But his history just seems TOO perfect…almost prefabbed or setup. Didn’t he get held back 2 years in grade/high school? Wasn’t his father involved with his HS football team? Plus his ND career seemed odd to me. He seemed to be the “appointed one.” Weis’s top recruit who Charley genius would make a star. Of course the ND hype machine really needed a QB star to make their team relevant. He just reminds me of a nepotism/legacy politician. Take your pick.

[quote=“Skeeza, post:1, topic:1128”]I like the new format. Thursday night Prime Time, first round only.

Hindsight being 20/20, do you think St Louis would have taken Suh with the first pick if they knew Clausen would be avaialble in the second round?[/quote]

Help me with your logic here? How in heaven’s name could Clausen’s availability in the second round have ANY impact on St Louis first round pick? You’ve really lost me on this one?

[quote="Skeeza, post:1, topic:1128"]I like the new format. Thursday night Prime Time, first round only.

Help me with your logic here? How in heaven’s name could Clausen’s availability in the second round have ANY impact on St Louis first round pick? You’ve really lost me on this one?

Because they wanted to draft a quarterback. So perhaps the combination of Suh and Claussen might be greater than the combination of Bradford and whoever they take next. Simple Math.