PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: NBA Lockout starts at midnight

Irony.

The NBA is having a lockout because 22 of the 30 owners lost money this season.

On a side note, the Potland TrailBlazers just offered Greg Oden $8.8M !!! (no kidding :-X )
Oden has played in 82 games over 4 years (which just so happens that one NBA season is 82 games). He missed last season with the same type of surgery on one knee that threatened his career when he had it his rookie season on the other knee.

Hmmmm… I wonder why they are losing money !!! ::slight_smile:

[quote=“Skeeza, post:1, topic:2531”]Irony.

The NBA is having a lockout because 22 of the 30 owners lost money this season.On a side note, the Potland TrailBlazers just offered Greg Oden $8.8M !!! (no kidding :-X )
Oden has played in 82 games over 4 years (which just so happens that one NBA season is 82 games). He missed last season with the same type of surgery on one knee that threatened his career when he had it his rookie season on the other knee.

Hmmmm… I wonder why they are losing money !!! ::)[/quote]

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

On a side note, the Potland TrailBlazers just offered Greg Oden $8.8M !!! (no kidding :-X )

Seriously? I mean, hey, if Oden could stay healthy, he’d totally be worth it, but…

Well, how many years is the contract they offered?

[quote="Skeeza, post:1, topic:2531"]Irony.

Seriously? I mean, hey, if Oden could stay healthy, he’d totally be worth it, but…

Portland is where All American centers go to get injured – Walton, Bowie, Oden…

Don’t forget LaRue Martin. No. 1 pick in the draft (ahead of Julius Erving, Paul Westphal, Chris Ford and Bob McAdoo). Probably the worst first round pick ever.

Nice 8)

I hope the NFL and NBA lockouts get resolved soon. If they don’t I’ll just be paying more attention to college sports :slight_smile:

NFL lockout will probably be resolved in enough time as to not affect any part of the regular season

NBA on the other hand…

[quote=“Tom, post:8, topic:2531”]NFL lockout will probably be resolved in enough time as to not affect any part of the regular season

NBA on the other hand…[/quote]

Charles Barkley has gone on record saying he doesn’t think the season will not be played.

The NBA and the Players Union are so far apart, something will have to give.

I saw a snippet that said 60% of NBA players go broke with 5 years of the end of their playing career.

Michael Olawokandi, and Kwame Brown might want to have a word with you.

Don't forget LaRue Martin. No. 1 pick in the draft (ahead of Julius Erving, Paul Westphal, Chris Ford and Bob McAdoo). Probably the worst first round pick ever.

Michael Olawokandi, and Kwame Brown might want to have a word with you.

Both these guys were all-pro’s compared to Larue. Injuries hurt their careers - LaRue was just a bad pick. In fact he was so bad that the Trail Blazers were bad enough that they had the number one pick and took Bill Walton four years later.

[quote="Skeeza, post:1, topic:2531"]Irony.

Portland is where All American centers go to get injured – Walton, Bowie, Oden…

Heh, yeah, that’s true. Shame about it, though. I really think Oden could be a very good player if he could stay healthy.

NFL lockout will probably be resolved in enough time as to not affect any part of the regular season

NBA on the other hand…

Charles Barkley has gone on record saying he doesn’t think the season will not be played.

The NBA and the Players Union are so far apart, something will have to give.

I saw a snippet that said 60% of NBA players go broke with 5 years of the end of their playing career.

A similar number in the NFL is 81% go broke within 2 years.