OT - Music Thread

That’s my kind of jam…thanks for posting!

Have faith! :grimacing:

Hey LP, remember these guys?

The juxtaposition in the North Country song reminded me of this. I think I first heard it on NPR a bunch of years ago and it hit me like a 2x4 in the forehead: I was floored by what I was hearing.

Amazing Grace, by The Blind Boys of Alabama.

vHoward Tate had an unusual career track. He recorded three albums in the late 60s to early 70s and then fell off the planet until some of his stuff was re-released @2000 which was how I discovered him. He then recorded a few more albums before dying in 2011.

Along with “Girl From the North Country,” his 1972 album featured another cut from that you might recognize

I think he was the first to record “Get It While You Can” by Jerry Ragovoy in 1966.

He re-recorded it in 2003.

I think my favorite is one that Tate wrote himself, “The Bitter End”

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of other people singing Bob in a few days.

http://thestatetheatre.org/shelter-from-the-storm-strawberry-fields-7th-annual-benefit-concert/

This is an annual event where local musicians get together to raise money for Strawberry Fields, a local community support group. They pick a different artist to celebrate every year (the last three were Van Morrison, Beatles, and the Rolling Stones). It’s a hugely popular event which quickly sells out.

Just noticed that jazz vocalist, Kevin Mahogany died last month:

Sad…

Cranberries singer Dolores O’Riordan dead at 46

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/cranberries-singer-dolores-oriordan-dead-at-46/ar-AAuJykL?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

For my fellow kids of the 80s

Petty had a mixture of fentanyl, oxycodone, temazepam, alprazolam, citalopram, acetylfentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl in his system.

Goodness. Four narcotics, an anti-depressant, a tranquilizer and a sedative.

Wouldn’t post this one but for a Penn State connection:

If you’ve never seen Elton John live, it’s definitely worth it

I didn’t realize he was even still active

A 2016 Vanity Fair interview with him.

Could Metallica be coming to the BJC or Beaver Stadium?