PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT Mr. Thomas

Devin Thomas Mid-Penn Championship

would have been nice to get this kid ;D

This was the number 1 highlight on whatever this show is on ESPNU – College Basketball Live? Pretty cool except I pay taxes in that school district, so I hope the PIAA or Mid Penn Conference or someone else is paying the bill for the new glass. :wink:

never understood the appeal of a backboard shattering :-\

[quote=“mjg, post:2, topic:3088”]This was the number 1 highlight on whatever this show is on ESPNU – College Basketball Live? Pretty cool except I pay taxes in that school district, so I hope the PIAA or Mid Penn Conference or someone else is paying the bill for the new glass. ;)[/quote]CV has the cheapest taxes around :wink:

This was the number 1 highlight on whatever this show is on ESPNU -- College Basketball Live? Pretty cool except I pay taxes in that school district, so I hope the PIAA or Mid Penn Conference or someone else is paying the bill for the new glass. ;)
CV has the cheapest taxes around ;)

Lowest rates, but the housing prices are a little inflated over some of the surrounding areas, so the taxes aren’t necessarily the cheapest.

I live in CV SD as well. I’ll be paying for those new backboards as well :wink:

Were they able to finish the game?

Nope, it will be finished tonight @ CVHS.

Shady McCoy was in the building for the game.

I don’t live there anymore. I used to live there but when I moved to Lanc County I kept my townhouse in Hampden Twp as a rental property. So I pay even more since I don’t get the homestead discount. ;D

This was the number 1 highlight on whatever this show is on ESPNU -- College Basketball Live? Pretty cool except I pay taxes in that school district, so I hope the PIAA or Mid Penn Conference or someone else is paying the bill for the new glass. ;)
CV has the cheapest taxes around ;)
And one of the widest tax base... That district is HUGE. I know CD is pretty big too, but they split up into 2 really big HSs so they could raise taxes ;)
[quote="mjg, post:2, topic:3088"]This was the number 1 highlight on whatever this show is on ESPNU -- College Basketball Live? Pretty cool except I pay taxes in that school district, so I hope the PIAA or Mid Penn Conference or someone else is paying the bill for the new glass. ;)[/quote]CV has the cheapest taxes around ;)
And one of the widest tax base... That district is HUGE. I know CD is pretty big too, but they split up into 2 really big HSs so they could raise taxes ;)
tell me about it . my neighborhood the kids go to 3 diff elementary schools :o

Per pennlive " While CV has the lowest tax rate in The Patriot-News’ coverage area — settling on a 2.4 percent tax increase last year — its teachers and administrators accepted a salary freeze this year and managed to get through a tough budget year without significantly affecting programs. "

[quote="mjg, post:2, topic:3088"]This was the number 1 highlight on whatever this show is on ESPNU -- College Basketball Live? Pretty cool except I pay taxes in that school district, so I hope the PIAA or Mid Penn Conference or someone else is paying the bill for the new glass. ;)[/quote]CV has the cheapest taxes around ;)
tell me about it . my neighborhood the kids go to 3 diff elementary schools :o

Per pennlive " While CV has the lowest tax rate in The Patriot-News’ coverage area — settling on a 2.4 percent tax increase last year — its teachers and administrators accepted a salary freeze this year and managed to get through a tough budget year without significantly affecting programs. "

If the West Shore school board gets their way, CV will be the 2nd largest HS in the area.

I’m not sure why I bother to read the comments on PennLive other than for a chuckle. Read some of these:

http://blog.pennlive.com/pasports/2012/02/lesean_mccoy_lil_wayne_and_mor.html

For the record, I was joking when I wondered if my taxes would pay for the backboard. Hence the :wink:

[quote=“mjg, post:14, topic:3088”]I’m not sure why I bother to read the comments on PennLive other than for a chuckle. Read some of these:

For the record, I was joking when I wondered if my taxes would pay for the backboard. Hence the ;)[/quote]I know you were as was I :wink:

[quote=“mjg, post:14, topic:3088”]I’m not sure why I bother to read the comments on PennLive other than for a chuckle. Read some of these:

For the record, I was joking when I wondered if my taxes would pay for the backboard. Hence the ;)[/quote]

Did anyone else pick up on the Rashaan Carlton mention?

[quote="mjg, post:14, topic:3088"]I'm not sure why I bother to read the comments on PennLive other than for a chuckle. Read some of these:

For the record, I was joking when I wondered if my taxes would pay for the backboard. Hence the ;)[/quote]

No, where was that?

No, where was that?

about 40sec into this video

CD ended up winning the game. Thomas had 31 points and 24 boards :’(

[quote="TreysWay3, post:6, topic:3088"]I live in CV SD as well. I'll be paying for those new backboards as well ;)[/quote]

I don’t live there anymore. I used to live there but when I moved to Lanc County I kept my townhouse in Hampden Twp as a rental property. So I pay even more since I don’t get the homestead discount. ;D

I live in CV SD as well. Would much rather pay for a backboard than an incinerator!!! :wink:

You ain’t missin’ much, mjg. Homestead discount for CV is only around $100. I actually think it’s under $100.