PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Men's soccer goes for B1G championship at noon on BTN

Last seed, and winless in conference play, Penn State has somehow pulled off a semi-miracle and knocked off the #2 and #3 seeds to make it into the championship against Northwestern.

PSU’s season has been a huge disappointment but now they have a chance to do something special and qualify for the NCAAs by knocking off #1 seed Northwestern (they lost 1-0 to NW in the regular season).

Men up 1-0 at the half.

We need an IGT.

NW has the ball.

PSU has the ball.

NW throw-in.

NW has the ball.

Bad call on the PK and NW equalizes.

And now NW gets the go-ahead goal. 2-1 NW.

[quote=“tjb, post:3, topic:2813”]We need an IGT.

NW has the ball.

PSU has the ball.

NW throw-in.

NW has the ball.[/quote]

NCAA Field Hockey second round action with PSU vs UConn has just started - the in-game thread for that could look similar.

[quote=“Offshore, post:4, topic:2813”]Bad call on the PK and NW equalizes.

And now NW gets the go-ahead goal. 2-1 NW.[/quote]

I don’t know. Yeah, the PSU defender did play the ball…BUT coming across the attacker and with a takedown. I don’t have a problem with the call.

[quote="Offshore, post:4, topic:2813"]Bad call on the PK and NW equalizes.

I don’t know. Yeah, the PSU defender did play the ball…BUT coming across the attacker and with a takedown. I don’t have a problem with the call.

The foul was clearly outside the box. Should have been a free kick but no PK.

Bad call on the PK and NW equalizes.

And now NW gets the go-ahead goal. 2-1 NW.

It was a foul - it just wasn’t a penalty kick. The foul happened outside the box.

It was a foul - it just wasn’t a penalty kick. The foul happened outside the box.

You could be correct. I only saw replays of the tackle. I was not watching the line. Hope I can see the play again somewhere!

You could be correct. I only saw replays of the tackle. I was not watching the line. Hope I can see the play again somewhere!

There was little doubt that it was a bad call. Even the announcers agreed.