PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Little Heroes: Now this kid's got game

The next Pistol Pete? :slight_smile:

http://www.komonews.com/home/video/111892554.html

[quote=“CAPPY, post:1, topic:1723”]The next Pistol Pete? :slight_smile:

http://www.komonews.com/home/video/111892554.html[/quote]

Those are neat tricks, but the kid’s Dad looks to be about 5’8", I don’t think he has much of a chance.

It seems this kid is a 12 year old 5th grader in the Seattle area. Interesting to see how he develops as a player. May be a little on the small side.
Can he “post up?” :wink:

[quote=“tundra, post:3, topic:1723”]It seems this kid is a 12 year old 5th grader in the Seattle area. Interesting to see how he develops as a player. May be a little on the small side.
Can he “post up?” ;)[/quote]

Usually, a kid is 10 years old in the 5th grade.

He’s very talented, but will he even be eligible as a 19 year old HS senior?

[quote="tundra, post:3, topic:1723"][b]It seems this kid is a 12 year old 5th grader[/b] in the Seattle area. Interesting to see how he develops as a player. May be a little on the small side. Can he "post up?" ;)[/quote]

Well you could be 11.

I’m not very sure on what high school basketball rules are, and if the kid can play at 19.

However, with his handle and an eye for a pass at that age, it’s scary to think how good this kid could become in the future. Imagine being 12 and having to guard him?

Although, I don’t know how I feel about the dad who pretty much forced his kid to play basketball at such an insane rate (2 hours a day?!). They also didn’t mention his school work, only his handle, and dribbling skills. I know I’m picking hairs here, but IMO, at 12, the kid shouldn’t be in a gym playing basketball every day for two hours. Hopefully he works just as hard on learning.

I goggled and found this link. It has PIAA age regulations

http://www.warwick.k12.pa.us/orgmodule.php?deptid=0&schoolid=0009&mid=134

[quote="tundra, post:3, topic:1723"][b]It seems this kid is a 12 year old 5th grader[/b] in the Seattle area. Interesting to see how he develops as a player. May be a little on the small side. Can he "post up?" ;)[/quote]

Well you could be 11.
I’m not very sure on what high school basketball rules are, and if the kid can play at 19.

However, with his handle and an eye for a pass at that age, it’s scary to think how good this kid could become in the future. Imagine being 12 and having to guard him?

Although, I don’t know how I feel about the dad who pretty much forced his kid to play basketball at such an insane rate (2 hours a day?!). They also didn’t mention his school work, only his handle, and dribbling skills. I know I’m picking hairs here, but IMO, at 12, the kid shouldn’t be in a gym playing basketball every day for two hours. Hopefully he works just as hard on learning.

I thought the cutoff was New Year. If you turn 10 before New Year of 2011, you would be in 5th grade. As a 12 year-old before the New Year, he should be in either 7th or 8th grade.

My birthday is in August, and I was 17 when I graduated.

Well I guess simple math has failed me once again, best to leave the stats to Lar.

Wow, you were a young one. My birthday is in August and I was 18 when I graduated.

Same here.