OT: Lickliter to Resign

For health reasons, per one of my Hawkeye friends. Can’t find a link to a story yet, but the bottom of this indicates an announcement will be coming soon.

would not be surprising at this point. sad news (in the sense that it’s for health reasons), he did great things at Butler.

It’s another case of what everybody seems to ignore, a seemingly good hire that goes nowhere for a program. Granted there may be some other issues at hand here in Iowa, but I guess those would just be called excuses if it were our program. :wink:

This report says otherwise.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=AhDsMKDDVlG5qb0pb5tYu0fevbYF?slug=ga-lickliter031110&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

That’s good news. Hate to see guys quit too soon. Although she did say “reportedly” for health reasons. So maybe he is getting fired. Which would be bad news in my opinion.

Alford left saying it was too difficult to recruit at a football school. Not a bad job at New Mexico. Maybe something to it.

They ran Dr Tom off, I bet they wish they had him back.

There must be some type of issue there because that is a couple of guys that had some decent resume’s that just can’t make anything happen. It is not like Iowa is a great school to recruit BBall players too, but it is perplexing situation.

Always could have his son but possible he would never touch that job.

What Davis built at Iowa is my goal for Penn State. A guy’s gotta dream.

He came in after Ed and will gone before him. Iowa at least cares and will give it another go not just let their issues continue to linger. He will be very lucky to be still coaching the gold & black next season

battleways2:

you are mentally ill

[quote="battlesway2, post:10, topic:949"]He came in after Ed and will gone before him. Iowa at least cares and will give it another go not just let their issues continue to linger. He will be very lucky to be still coaching the gold & black next season[/quote]

battleways2:

you are mentally ill

No. I think you def fit in that category with the nasty perverted messages you’ve sent me and others.

Why is it that firing a coach somehow related to “caring”? If Licklighter won the NIT last season and won the Big Ten Coach of the Year, I highly doubt that Iowa would be firing him this season, even if they went 1-17 in the Big Ten. It sucks that we went 3-15 this season and haven’t made the NCAAs in 7 years, but it’s another thing to point to a school that fires a coach and somehow related that to them “caring” and us not.

[quote="battlesway2, post:10, topic:949"]He came in after Ed and will gone before him. Iowa at least cares and will give it another go not just let their issues continue to linger. He will be very lucky to be still coaching the gold & black next season[/quote]

Why is it that firing a coach somehow related to “caring”? If Licklighter won the NIT last season and won the Big Ten Coach of the Year, I highly doubt that Iowa would be firing him this season, even if they went 1-17 in the Big Ten. It sucks that we went 3-15 this season and haven’t made the NCAAs in 7 years, but it’s another thing to point to a school that fires a coach and somehow related that to them “caring” and us not.

Dr Tom was run off after a 20 win season and many others, they have brought in hot shot Steve Alford and run him off and then brought in flavor of the month Lickliter and now look to be running him off. Sounds like they really f’ed up a good program to me.

Because Iowa can see Licklighter isn’t getting it done and won’t be anytime in the near future.The guy got it done at Butler but obviously hasn’t and wont’ at Iowa. Ed is 95-123 (32-87) in 7 years but yet Curley and crew still let this continue to linger. Iowa possibly letting a coach go after 3 season and Penn State letting Ed stay on board after 7 years of this crap should paint a clear picture for you.

Here goes everybody judging a situation just by wins and losses. Lickliter has had to get his AD support just like ED had to.

http://www.radioiowa.com/2009/11/04/renovations-underway-at-iowa-basketball-facility/

He will be gone soon. Maybe he should look at some type of “disability settlement.” He might get more money out of it.