PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT - LBSU vs. PITT

Not sure if anyone cares, but LBSU is up 9 at the half at Pitt. 49er’s shot over 65% FG in the first half. Nice team for LBSU, returning four starters from last season’s team that won 22 games. Playing a killer non-conference schedule this season (@ Pitt, @ Louisville, @ UNC, @ Kansas, @ San Diego State).

Funny…I was going to comment on the “ACC” thread that Long Beach is going to beat an ACC team tonight. Time to tune in. 17:00 mins remaining LBSU by 7 on ESPNU.

I’m not too surprised. Long Beach didn’t lose too much from last season and Pittsburgh just struggled with Rider at home.

Bonus: Raftery on the mic

Pitt down by 8 with 2:00 to go

Looks over.

LBSU 86
Pitt 76 Final

Pitt’s 58 game non-conf home winning streak is over.

Nice win for Long Beach State, they have a nice squad. I was happy to see Pitt go down.

Guard Gibbs…Keep him under control and you can beat ~itt this season!!

I was watching this from a Bufflao wildwings in NC when all the games went blank as a heavy storm passed and knocked out their dish signal. Turns out a tornado touched down not too far from where I was. Yikes!

Sounds like karma for the commercials that they run. :wink:

Even with everything that has happened, I still get a nice wide smile, and laugh at every “disappointing” Pitt loss.

I was watching this from a Bufflao wildwings in NC when all the games went blank as a heavy storm passed and knocked out their dish signal. Turns out a tornado touched down not too far from where I was. Yikes!

Sounds like karma for the commercials that they run. :wink:

;D

I work with some Pitt grads, can’t wait to chat them up this morning!

I love nothing more than watching Pitt lose. With that being said, I wouldn’t be suprised if LBSU made some noise come March. That team could play.

I don’t know, I’m trying to stay away from Schadenfreude these days.

Good win for Dan Monson. You CAN get axed at a B10 school and come back.

Seriously, folks!

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:7, topic:2839”]LBSU 86
Pitt 76 Final

Pitt’s 58 game non-conf home winning streak is over.[/quote]

Penn State has 2 streaks of it’s own…

3 game non-conf home winning streak
2 game road win streak against BIG TEN teams

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:7, topic:2839”]LBSU 86
Pitt 76 Final

Pitt’s 58 game non-conf home winning streak is over.[/quote]Quick, without looking it up, who was the last non-conference team to win at Pitt?

No cheating.

Was it Bucknell