PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Just Saw Elton John in Concert at the BJC

Great concert!!! Elton played for 2 hours and 50 minutes without a break…his band even left the stage a couple of times while he was playing piano solos. He’s quite the entertainer!

…and the surprise of the show was when he brought Leon Russell out on stage for the middle portion of the concert and they played about 8 or 9 songs off of “The Union” …that was really a highlight and I heard no mention anywhere before the show that Leon was going to be there.

Again, a GREAT SHOW!

Wow, sounds great. Elton John was my first concert in 1972.

I saw him the first time he was at the BJC…saw him several years ago with Billy Joel in Philly. Great shows.

…and I forgot to mention, another surprise last evening…

One of Elton’s four background singers was Rose Stone…that’s Sly’s sister and one of the lead singers from “Sly and the Family Stone”

…she just turned 66 last week and can still belt out a tune!

I saw Sly and the band back in the early 70’s…still one of the best concerts I’ve seen…even though they were notorious at that time for being very late for concerts…or not showing up at all.

Maybe that was because Sly and the Family? Stoned. :wink:

[quote=“PSUWIN, post:1, topic:2263”]Great concert!!! Elton played for 2 hours and 50 minutes without a break…his band even left the stage a couple of times while he was playing piano solos. He’s quite the entertainer!

…and the surprise of the show was when he brought Leon Russell out on stage for the middle portion of the concert and they played about 8 or 9 songs off of “The Union” …that was really a highlight and I heard no mention anywhere before the show that Leon was going to be there.

Again, a GREAT SHOW![/quote]

Just saw Elton introduce Leon Russell at his Rock N Roll Hall of Fame induction. Very touching. Recommend it, on youtube, “Leon Russell rock and roll hall of fame”. Elton called him up a year ago, after losing touch with him for 25 years and asked if he’d like to tour with him. Leon said, “Elton rescued me from the roadside ditch of life and made me feel like a king.” Lots of teary eyes.