PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT:Jimmer Fredette

Jimmer had 32 at halftime. Now with 38 with 11 minutes left. Will overtake Kemba Walker as nation’s leading scorer after this one.

I saw this on the ESPN ticker. I thought the game had to be close to over, but it was in the 50s. Crazy.

Jimmer had 47.

Wow just watched these highlights on SportsCenter, freakin sick… that first half was nuts capped by that half court shot at the buzzer :o :o

Yea I posted about this during are game. Fredette is the best pure scorer in the country

Someone I know who watches a lot of HS hoops in NY said he’s pretty slow though. 8)

[quote="nittany14, post:5, topic:1761"]Yea I posted about this during are game. Fredette is the best pure scorer in the country[/quote]

Someone I know who watches a lot of HS hoops in NY said he’s pretty slow though. 8)

Who would that be?? :wink:

[quote="nittany14, post:5, topic:1761"]Yea I posted about this during are game. Fredette is the best pure scorer in the country[/quote]

Can’t be right all the time. :slight_smile: I did almost mention the Glens Falls vs. Peekskill “A” championship in '07 in the thread about attending live. He wasn’t that great, and they lost, but 4000 people jumped up after each Glens Falls basket(game was at the GFCC). I felt like I was in the movie Hoosiers.

I still think Talor’s better. Jimmer is not quick enough for NBA pg. He can’t cover anybody, and often gambles for the steal in the halfcourt, then doesn’t try to recover. He just waits for an outlet, kind of basket hanging. I saw it tonight on Sports Center on his first bucket. Quick guards picked him last year. I’d have to see a game again. But I saw it in HS, and saw it last year. What can I say, I’m partial. I also think Talor better than McCamey and Lucas, but scouts don’t. Jimmer may be like JJ Redick. Similar speed. He can shoot. FTA’s too. 90%, just like HS.

I think Battle is without question better than the current version of Kalin Lucas. He just hasn’t got it at all anymore. But in his best form vs Battle in his best I think it is basically a tossup. Both are top shelf.

And Fredette is what he is. A pure scorer. An amazing college basketball player. I don’t think he has a future in the NBA though.

I just was looking at BYU’s website. There are two Collinsworth kids on the team, Chris and Kyle, both getting minutes. Almost got to be Chris Collinsworth, the announcer’s kids. He went to Florida.

Can’t be right all the time. :slight_smile: I did almost mention the Glens Falls vs. Peekskill “A” championship in '07 in the thread about attending live. He wasn’t that great, and they lost, but 4000 people jumped up after each Glens Falls basket(game was at the GFCC). I felt like I was in the movie Hoosiers.

I still think Talor’s better. Jimmer is not quick enough for NBA pg. He can’t cover anybody, and often gambles for the steal in the halfcourt, then doesn’t try to recover. He just waits for an outlet, kind of basket hanging. I saw it tonight on Sports Center on his first bucket. Quick guards picked him last year. I’d have to see a game again. But I saw it in HS, and saw it last year. What can I say, I’m partial. I also think Talor better than McCamey and Lucas, but scouts don’t. Jimmer may be like JJ Redick. Similar speed. He can shoot. FTA’s too. 90%, just like HS.

I don’t know if Talor’s better but it is real close. I think Fredette is certainly a better outside shooter and pure scorer than Talor but Battle has better vision and I would probably pick Battle to take a last second shot over Fredette as well. Overall I wouldn’t mind having either on my team :smiley:

It also is really a shame that Fredette had such a good night tonight because it kind of takes away from how great a night Battle had as well.

Talor made his dunk. Jimmer missed his.

[quote="nittany14, post:12, topic:1761"]It also is really a shame that Fredette had such a good night tonight because it kind of takes away from how great a night Battle had as well.[/quote]

Talor made his dunk. Jimmer missed his.

Haha, true ;D

Doubt it. For one thing, Collinsworth spells his name Cris. For another, they are from Utah and Collinsworth lives in Kentucky.

Jimmer kicked butt on PTI tonight. He was the interview subject for Five Good Minutes Seemed like a great kid.

I can’t remember every looking forward to watching a MWC game, but I am today. The SDSU/BYU game should be a really good one !!! Let’s see how Jimmer performs in the spotlight.

Me too. Jimmer looked good in his last game. His handle in the paint looked better. And I may have underestimated his quick release. Looks like I’m going to eat crow on that. Good for him. I still think Talor is better, much, much quicker. Looking at BYU’s sked, the top team they played to date is St. Mary’s. Yes, SDSU is 4th, but I still have doubts on this conference. The wide open play is just so unlike the Big 10 or Big East. BYU lost to UCLA, and was taken to double OT vs. U of S Florida, granted a team that beat Duke, but they’re 1-7 in the Big East. I know everybody has bad games, but 9th ranked in the country? Don’t believe it. IMO, the way PSU is playing, they’d beat BYU.

Is the SDSU at BYU game on tv? I heard CBSC, but not sure what that is. Here’s what it stated in a story…

The BYU vs. San Diego State game begins at 7PM PST (10PM EST) on Wednesday, Jan. 26, and it will be broadcast live on CBS C for the national audience.

[quote=“kidcoyote, post:19, topic:1761”]Is the SDSU at BYU game on tv? I heard CBSC, but not sure what that is. Here’s what it stated in a story…

The BYU vs. San Diego State game begins at 7PM PST (10PM EST) on Wednesday, Jan. 26, and it will be broadcast live on CBS C for the national audience.[/quote]

CBS College Sports Network. It’s what CBS calls CSTV now that they own it.