OT: Jimmer Fredette

As this was the player who was outscoring Talor Battle in Section II, I had to see him play, seeing him once on way home to Vermont on a Friday night, then once in loss in state finals prior to Maginn loss to Mt. Vernon in '07. Was Talor’s teammate on '07 City Rocks team. Looks like he’s doing okay. This site is by a PSU alum. Ryan Jones, I think.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/college-hs/college/2009/10/a-name-worth-remembering/

I remember Think1 pumping him pretty good when he was at CBA. I watched a lot of BYU the last two years and he is awesome.

Think1 did like him. But Jimmer played for Glens Falls HS. Jimmer did a lot right, scoring machine, great trey shooter, FT’s at 90%, but the two games I saw him play he lost. One was vs. Gloversville, a depressed leather center (which also includes Tannersville), and the other vs. Mookie Jones(Syracuse U.) and Peekskill in NYS “A” finals. Great size, good passer, great shot, but not fast enough, IMO. His size did allow him to score in the lane in traffic, very strong, football type, and great ups, dunked easily.

Not bad company on this list. I think Talor is at about 2,100 pts. Probaby due to less games, names like Billy Cunningham, Lew Alcindor, Bernard King, Chris Mullen, Kenny Smith, Ron Artest, Pat Riley, Sam Perkins, Stephon Marbury, Brian Winters, Nate Archibald, down on list.

http://www.newyorksportswriters.org/reference/boys_hoops_career_scoring.shtml

Actually really enjoyed watching BYU play last year the handful of times I got to see them. Fredette maybe didn’t get the talk that Lee Cummard got, but he was arguably more important to the team last year than Cummard and Tavernari - and actually, Kenpom kinda proves this point.

I have BYU as a top 25 team this year even with Cummard gone, but most polls I’ve seen them have them more in the 30-40 range.

[quote="LPcreation, post:2, topic:171"]I remember Think1 pumping him pretty good when he was at CBA. I watched a lot of BYU the last two years and he is awesome.[/quote]

Think1 did like him. But Jimmer played for Glens Falls HS. Jimmer did a lot right, scoring machine, great trey shooter, FT’s at 90%, but the two games I saw him play he lost. One was vs. Gloversville, a depressed leather center (which also includes Tannersville), and the other vs. Mookie Jones(Syracuse U.) and Peekskill in NYS “A” finals. Great size, good passer, great shot, but not fast enough, IMO. His size did allow him to score in the lane in traffic, very strong, football type, and great ups, dunked easily.

Not bad company on this list. I think Talor is at about 2,100 pts. Probaby due to less games, names like Billy Cunningham, Lew Alcindor, Bernard King, Chris Mullen, Kenny Smith, Ron Artest, Pat Riley, Sam Perkins, Stephon Marbury, Brian Winters, Nate Archibald, down on list.

So the PA guys are better than the NY guys – at least they scored a lot more points. ;D

[quote="LPcreation, post:2, topic:171"]I remember Think1 pumping him pretty good when he was at CBA. I watched a lot of BYU the last two years and he is awesome.[/quote]

So the PA guys are better than the NY guys – at least they scored a lot more points. ;D

Don’t know when that list was drawn up but it’s an incomplete list.

We’ve got a PA 2000 point scorer on our team in Adam Highberger who ended with 2096.

And we’ll be visited by another 2000 point scorer next weekend in Terrelle Pryor.

Highberger also shares another record with Pryor. He and Terrelle are the only two guys in PA sports history to score over 2000 points in basketball and throw for over 4000 yards in football (Highberger was the first to do it and Pryor the second).

We’ve got a PA 2000 point scorer on our team in Adam Highberger who ended with 2096.

And we’ll be visited by another 2000 point scorer next weekend in Terrelle Pryor.

Highberger also shares another record with Pryor. He and Terrelle are the only two guys in PA sports history to score over 2000 points in basketball and throw for over 4000 yards in football (Highberger was the first to do it and Pryor the second).

It was just a quick google so I could do my best “PA Kid” impersonation. Kid likes to toss out numbers on NY kids, so I thought I throw something back at him. Some good names on our list too – for a football state. Chamberlain, Bryant, Owens, McMillen, Bowie, Fortson, etc.

It was just a quick google so I could do my best “PA Kid” impersonation. Kid likes to toss out numbers on NY kids, so I thought I throw something back at him. Some good names on our list too – for a football state. Chamberlain, Bryant, Owens, McMillen, Bowie, Fortson, etc.

Just showing where Jimmer and Talor fit in. I left out a bunch, Ruland, Heinsohn, Cousy, Kramer, Brian Winters, Szczerbiak, Laettner, Bob Lanier, Schayes, Gus Williams, Ben Gordon, Elton Brand, Mark Jackson. Whew. I’ll do the 50 others later. :wink:

Here’s a little tidbit about Chamberlain, since I checked cause I didn’t know he was from PA. And you missed Tom Gola.

[i]During summer vacations, Chamberlain worked as a bellhop in Kutsher’s Hotel. Red Auerbach, the coach of the Boston Celtics, spotted the talented teenager there and had him play 1-on-1 against Kansas University standout and national champion, B. H. Born, elected the Most Valuable Player of the 1953 NCAA Finals. Chamberlain won 25–10; Born was so dejected that he gave up a promising NBA career and became a tractor engineer (“If there were high school kids that good, I figured I wasn’t going to make it to the pros”),[17] and Auerbach wanted Chamberlain to go to a New England university, so he could draft him as a territorial pick for the Celtics, but Chamberlain did not respond.[17]

In Chamberlain’s third and final Overbrook season, he continued his high scoring, once logging 74, 78 and 90 points in three consecutive games.[18] The Panthers won the Public League a third time, beating West Philadelphia 78–60, and in the city championship game, they met West Catholic once again. Scoring 35 points, Chamberlain led Overbrook to an easy 83–42 win.[18] After three years, Chamberlain had won Overbrook two city championships, logged a 56–3 record and had broken Tom Gola’s high school scoring record by scoring 2,252 points, averaging 37.4 per game.[2][4][19][/i]

I wonder if Wilt’s self described 20,000 sexual conquests included any guests of Kutscher’s, like when the husbands were playing golf. I never knew how he reached that level, but 4 hour rounds, 5 days per week. Do the math. :wink:

I wonder if Wilt’s self described 20,000 sexual conquests included any guests of Kutscher’s, like when the husbands were playing golf. :wink:
[/quote]

Good work , if you can get it! :wink:

I missed more than Tom Gola. But glad I could enlighten you on Chamberlain. Wonder how many points he would have scored if he’d played as many games as some of the others above him on the scoring list.

I don’t think I could hit that number if I counted myself as a conquest.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:9, topic:171"]I wonder if Wilt's self described 20,000 sexual conquests included any guests of Kutscher's, like when the husbands were playing golf. ;)[/quote]

LMAO

[quote="kidcoyote, post:9, topic:171"]I wonder if Wilt's self described 20,000 sexual conquests included any guests of Kutscher's, like when the husbands were playing golf. ;)[/quote]

Me thinks perhaps it twasn’t the spinach.

I think Jimmer would be very surprised to see where this thread has gone.

;D LMAO.