OT - Iowa coaching rumors

Has been reported that Wright State head coach Brad Brownell has interviewed for the Iowa head coaching job.

Further rumors state Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall and Tennessee head coach Bruce Pearl have turned the offer to interview.

There seem to be conflicting reports regarding Dayton head coach Brian Gregory. In addition, Tulsa head coach Doug Wojcik has also been mentioned as a possibility.

[quote=“Spike the Kool-Aid, post:1, topic:1046”]Has been reported that Wright State head coach Brad Brownell has interviewed for the Iowa head coaching job.

Further rumors state Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall and Tennessee head coach Bruce Pearl have turned the offer to interview.

There seem to be conflicting reports regarding Dayton head coach Brian Gregory. In addition, Tulsa head coach Doug Wojcik has also been mentioned as a possibility.[/quote]

Why the heck did anyone think BRuce would leave TN? I guess you can’t blame Iowa for going after him.

^Over on Rivals somebody mentioned that if the head coaches they are looking at turn it down, Iowa will turn to a TN assistant (Steve Forbes maybe). I guess Forbes is from Iowa City and has been largely responsible for the impressive recruiting at TN.

Does Iowa really want to recruit the type of kids they’ve had at Tenn? Didn’t Iowa have enough of Tyler Smith before he transferred? :-\

Should the question be does TN really want to recruit guys Iowa had? Not sure if he was involved with getting Smith to TN.

According to the rivals post, I guess he recruited Scotty Hopson and Bobby Maze, then was able to get Josh Selby to commit (Selby later backed out) and had Pinkston ready to commit until Harris accepted.