PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: How good would Pryor been if he choose Basketball

With all the news flying around Pryor, I keep wondering if he just played college basketball, he would have a better future. I doubt he will ever be a starting NFL quarterback and maybe he can turn into a reciever/tight end but I doubt teams will give him a long enough chance with all the issues he cause at Ohio State. He seemed to be a top flight player that had chance of doing a short college stay and then to the pros. Maybe I am over evaluating his basketball talent but he is an elite athlete at the college football level, would he been the way on hard court?

It’s funny - at the time people were saying the exact separate (i.e. in basketball, he would be one of many. However, in football he could be a superstar.). Who knows how different his life would be.

Although, in basketball he would have had to wait longer to get paid than in football.

I believe two of the major recruiting analysts (Dave Telep & Evan Daniels?) briefly discussed Pryor on twitter the other day. I think it was Telep who said that Pryor had absolutely no ability to dribble with his left hand.

They also said that he did an interview with Jeff Goodman (I think) and that he (Pryor) as on his cellphone during the interview. Ha!

[quote=“PSUdraw, post:1, topic:2484”]With all the news flying around Pryor, I keep wondering if he just played college basketball, he would have a better future. I doubt he will ever be a starting NFL quarterback and maybe he can turn into a reciever/tight end but I doubt teams will give him a long enough chance with all the issues he cause at Ohio State. He seemed to be a top flight player that had chance of doing a short college stay and then to the pros. Maybe I am over evaluating his basketball talent but he is an elite athlete at the college football level, would he been the way on hard court?[/quote]In my opinion he was a basketball tweener. At 6’-5" he would be an NBA 2 or small 3. It is hard to say how his skills would have improved if he continued to play BB, but I don’t remember him being that type of player in HS. Just a little bigger and more athletic than the competition.

He was like every two-way athlete in high school. Athletic and semi-talented. It is amazing how far you can go if you’re athletic in high school. Pryor wasn’t bad, but he wasn’t Big Ten level imo.

So his 4 star rating (Rivals & Scout) and his ESPN 96 grade were all bologna? I mean, I never saw him play, but I find it hard to believe that all three services would be that wrong. 96 & 4 stars is far from non-B10 level.