PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

OT: Great Day At The Ballpark(s)

Down one to Minnesota with two on and two out in the bottom of the seventh and Lauren Yao comes to the plate:

http://youtu.be/GNjsjdC-8Z0

Down two to Ohio State with two on and two out in the bottom of the tenth and Sean Deegan comes to the plate:

http://youtu.be/lYniAfhv2k4

Two walk off wins within a couple of hours - it was a great day at both ballparks. Glad I had my camera cell phone rolling.

NOTE: Minnesota must feel particularly snake bitten since they lost three straight games to the Nits in walk-off fashion this weekend.

Lar- you couldn’t get better seats? :smiley:

Good stuff! :slight_smile:

billtown, I know it’s GA seating @ the men’s baseball games and I’d bet it’s GA seating too @ the gal’s softball games. I’ve never had a bad seat @ a PSU baseball game. :slight_smile:

[quote=“CAPPY, post:3, topic:3270”]Good stuff! :slight_smile:

billtown, I know it’s GA seating @ the men’s baseball games and I’d bet it’s GA seating too @ the gal’s softball games. I’ve never had a bad seat @ a PSU baseball game. :)[/quote]

There are two reserved sections at the baseball field (in blue below). The rest is GA.

I think the softball field is entirely general admission although there might be one section for season ticket holders.

Funny, I sat in section 107 @ the IU game near a bunch of PSU students on 3/23 and nobody told me (us?) that was a reserved section. :slight_smile:

They don’t police it very hard.

Wow! Great videos. I am sorry I missed the baseball game in person, but at least I heard it on the radio.

The men’s lacrosse game had an unbelievable finish yesterday also, so I am glad I got to see that one. Those of you who are not aware how well the team is doing should start to take notice. They have an excellent shot at an NCAA bid even if they do not win the conference tourney.

In yesterday’s game, they trailed 7-3 going into the 4th quarter. Seniors Matt Mackrides and Jack Forster scored 4 of the next 5 goals to pull PSU to within one goal at 8-7. They got the ball back with under a minute to play and called timeout to set up a set play. With the defense focusing on Mackrides and Forster, Gavin Ahern popped open and buried a goal with 18 seconds left to force OT. In the second OT, after two great saves by goalie Austin Kaut to keep the game alive, they once again regained possession and called timeout to set up a play. This time Mackrides found Shane Sturgis and he flipped one by the goalie for the win.